We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

London
Level Contributor
627 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

So I loved the RGA, and have booked to go back to the Rixos. Im hoping someone can tell me what the difference is apart from (extra charge) cabanas on the beach, the span and tha seafood rest?

Kelly (the GR lady) said in a previous post that drinks would be upgraded - any info on this?

Also does anyone know what rest charge and spa prices?

even is it was the same, Id go back in a heartbeat, great hotel for a decent price

Thanks in advance

Antalya, Turkey
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

Dear LondonFlorita,

With new concept we improved minibar and it is inclusive, we add 1 a la carte restaurant more ( seafood), it is inclusive, sushi bar is not extra charge it is also inclusive, we have imported drink service in our 2 bars, ( do not include vsop and premium alcoholic drinks ), beach cabanas are with minibar - tv - daily fresh fruits-cold towels-ice cream services and extra of charge, you can book through Guest Relation Desk. We also have cabanas at the Oasis Pool ( Heated pool). In SPA, sauna-steamroom-jacuzi is inclusive the rest extra of charge, you can arrange your massage bookings through our spa team.

Regards,

Tuba Yolcu

Rixos SSH GR Manager

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

I am sitting on the Rixos beach as I write and can confirm the hotel is amazing the all inclusive concept is the best I have ever experienced in any hotel within Egypt , don't think about it just book it you will not be disappointed.

John

London
Level Contributor
627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

Thanks Tuba, we will see you in May!

hornchurch
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

am flying out on 18th feb for a week never been egypt but am looking forward reviews look great. Can anyone help me with the wine there on th all ainclusive like white or rose' not too dry any thoughts on wine please also what the situation with guests now is it still mainly russian. I am taking my son of 13 with us its half term will there be many british there.

any info would be appreciated.

MIDDLESBROUGH
Level Contributor
53 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

The Rixos is a great hotel you can get red, white and rose' and sparkling wine. Our Russian friends do seem to outnumber other nationalities but now that Thomas Cook are taking bookings the British guests should start to narrow the margin between Russian and British guests.

You will have a lovely holiday.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
360 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

Carol, we're flying out on 18th Feb too with our teenaged daughter for our first stay at Rixos, really looking to it!

hornchurch
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

Excellent, At least we won't be the only English now, how old is ur daughter my son is 13 ?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

Can you tell me if men need to wear long trousers in the restaurants at the Rixos. We have stayed here when it was the Royal grand Azure and cant remeber what the pilocy was.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

Yes men do have to wear long trousers in the a la cartes.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rixos Sharm (formerly RGA)

Hi John, what tour operator did you travel with. We are still looking been to Egypt but never Sharm.

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay