We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

London
Level Contributor
104 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

Have already done a search but unfortunately haven't found appropriate responses.

I need an unlimited data sim, to buy, from somewhere in Nabq (as I don't want to travel all the way to Naama bay or Hadaba from Rixos)

What are my options?

Thanks

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

I think you will struggle to find an unlimited data, SIM deal...

There are mobile phone shops everywhere, offering PAYG sim cards for data, but they cap the usage.

You will need to take your passport with you, when you go to buy a SIM Card. I found Mobinil, were the best value... I paid 60 Egyptian Pounds for a Micro Sim with 3GB of usage and if I recall 10GB was about 150 Egyptian Pounds.

Vodafone and Etisalat which are the other two providers were a little more expensive, but all 3G...

London
Level Contributor
104 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

Thanks. According to a post on another thread i thought unlimuted data was possible. See here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k588…

Also do I need to take a sim cutter? (To cut the standard sim into a micro sim for an iPhone 4) or are all the phone shops likely to have it? I'm trying to cut down unnecessary items to take.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
104 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

Bump

Hexham, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

I got a Vodafone sim for the ipad cost 18 English.

just went to Vodafone shop and he set it all up for me

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me I'm planning on taking an unlocked mifi with me to Sharm and buying a local data sim, but I've read on the net that I will need to set it up when the new sim is inserted, does anyone know if when I buy the sim would they set it up for me in the shop for me? Or should I try and find out the details of the network before I go?

Edited: 12 April 2013, 20:17
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

Hi Claire

Most places are very good at setting phones etc up for you, I found that the actual Vodaphone shop beside the Carrefour supermarket in Naama were very good and cheaper than the small shops for sims.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

Thanks kiltman will give them a try.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

Do you know of any shops in nabq region that do these sims

Thanks guys

Westbury, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

I'm planning on buying mine from here:- http://www.ritesim.com/simcards/egypt.html before I go later this year. Undoubtedly more expensive but it means I haven't got to search around for one when I get there!

Manchester
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unlimited data sim to buy in nabq

Hi

We bought a sim card from the phone shop opposite the St georges bar, there is another opposite Tropicana Grand Azure. Ours was 100EP/£10 for the sim and 50EP/£5 PAY as you go. We only used it for text and local phone calls. Hope this helps

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay