We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changeling holidays with love holidays

hornchurch
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Topic
Changeling holidays with love holidays

Hi am trying to change my holiday to sharm booked through love holidays it's a thomas cook holiday. 6 people= £625 amendment fees, plus the holiday I have found thomas cook have decided to price on a different system and have slapped another £600 on top of online price, can they just rip us off like this, it's actually cheaper to loose all deposits and re book online!!! Any ideas

edinburgh
Level Contributor
486 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

Carol Thomas cook are a nightmare Hun!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

Thomas Crook ?

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
487 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

Carol, dare I suggest you read this post and actually consider NOT changing your booking?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k6…

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

I think the OPs point was the price she paid has now increased and she is being asked to pay more, or am I reading the post wrong (if so Carol1Hormchurch, please explain), not that she doesn't want to go to Sharm.

If you have booked and paid your deposit, i can't see how they can increase the price, as the contract has been struck at a particular price!!!!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
486 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

I would imagine what price you booked it what you get it for but with Thomas cook they think they can do anything!!

hornchurch
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

Let me explain, I asked love hols is I cud change they said yh £50 per change so for 3 people changing destination and date by one day = £315 admin charges, I was then told to look for another holiday which I did, found something at a certain price on love hols web and thomas cook, love hols then went back to thomas cook and the price of the new holiday was £600 more epensive than what I was looking at on website. So hence changes = £915 more . Their argument is that new bookings get discount, so in reality it's cheaper to loose £600 deposit and re-book!! Scumbags are just ripping us off!!

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

Really, if you are booking with an agent (which is what Love Holidays are), why is it automatically TCs fault if the price THEY charge is different to Love Holidays. I booked the Hilton at Gatwick (with Lastminute) for £80 inc breakfast), but the same rate with Hilton was £149 (the booking conditions were different, but the room is the same).

When you book anything online, read the Ts & Cs, to what charges are levied for changes and cancelltions and by who.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,932 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

Thomas Cook charge £150 per person to change a holiday. £50 to change the flight is only for a time change within the same day/UK airport change, or date of travel, not a change of date and destination airport.

If you're amending a holiday, any amendments can only be done on the same system the holiday was originally booked on. Agents don't book on the tour operators website. The new holiday is charged at current rate plus amendment fees. If, and what, your agent charges on top is up to them, and whatever was agreed to at time of booking.

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

Correct LeylandSunaddict you have hit the nail on the head, but as usual it is the tour operator that gets it in the head (no I don't work for a tour operator).

As I said before, if you think you might have to change any details in your holiday itinerery (or even you holiday itself), check the T & Cs and make sure you are aquanted with any charges that may be levied (before booking), in my experience the charges levied by the tour operators themselves (NOT THE AGENTS), are, in the main similar.

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
487 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changeling holidays with love holidays

Apart from the fact that I think I should withdraw my previous post on this subject - I misread the original post and took it to mean that you were trying to change holidays because of the current situation - I have to agree with both LeylandSunaddict and StunningStu on this.

You saying you're trying to change both the destination AND the date of your holiday. To me, that sounds more like a cancellation and re-book than an amendment to the holiday you booked, in which case I really don't see what the complaint is. As previously mentioned you should read (or should have read) the booking agent's/tour operator's T&Cs before you booked - and if you booked online you would have had to check a box saying you agreed to the T&Cs before you paid your deposit, whether or not you actually read them. Once you paid your deposit you were bound by the contract and whilst it is perhaps unfortunate that you now need or want to change the destination and date, the company with whom you booked are under no obligation to switch your holiday at no cost to you.

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay