We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Data sim

Liverpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mobile Data sim

Flying out on Thursday and we are staying at the RAM, just want to know if there is anywhere close to the hotel to get a sim card for my Mobile wifi- currently locked on vodafone?

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile Data sim

You will need to get your mifi unlocked to use a Egyptian sim

I believe you can get unlocking codes from EBay, just make sure you get the right code for your model

Phone shop in La Strada just down the road from RAM

Karen

Liverpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile Data sim

Thanks Karen, it is currently pocked to vodafone, have purchased a code tonight to try and unlock it.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile Data sim

If you have problems and need to rent a unit Email Tim at sinai safari adventures, they rent for a good rate

ssadventures@live.co.uk

Karen

Liverpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobile Data sim

Thanks

P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobile Data sim

Hi Defo get your mifi unlocked because even a Vodafone Egypt sim is NOT compatable with a locked Vodafone UK device.

The phone shop is about a 15 minute stroll once you go left out of the RAM, its on the first floor in La Strada shopping centre.

Before you get there you'll be hassled by other shop keepers and once they know you want a sim will try and sell you one but beware as they won't set it up for you properly as a data only sim and that also applies to the shop in the RAM.

We paid 200LE for 7GB but they do smaller amounts cheaper.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 09:52
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobile Data sim

I paid 65LE for 3GB initally wanted 135LE

P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobile Data sim

WizWiz if that was for a Vodafone sim its a good price from that shop if it was for Mobinil or Etisalat it sounds about right because their coverage is not as good as Vodafone's so it costs more.

If you go to the official shop in Naama Bay its also cheaper but considering the hassle of getting there I never bothered.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 10:36
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mobile Data sim

I have just got back from Sharm and needed the Internet for business

The hotel wanted 20 euros per 24 hours !

I rented a mobile wifi for 7 days for £15 it's fantastic Internet 24/7 You can use it anywhere on the beach round the pool anywhere

If any body is interested please contact Mohammed at info@sharmsmile.com

He will even deliver to the hotel for you

Deposit of £30 required so hopefully get that back tonight when he comes to pick the wifi modem up !

Kilmarnock...
Level Contributor
119 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mobile Data sim

Hi can you tell me how this works we are going for a month and i am looking for cheapest way to stay connected as i also need internet for buisness

Colwyn Bay, North...
Level Contributor
509 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mobile Data sim

Hi Wilma I am here at RAM at the min....we hired our mobile WiFi from Sinai excursions....Tim and Janet. I emailed them ( from their website ) as I wanted to book some trips with them also ( they also picked up me, hubby and daughter from the airport for £8) £22 for the week for the unit and 5 portable devices can use at the same time....Tim will come to the hotel about 9pm with the unit and password....using it now as the hotel WiFi is useless. £50 deposit which you get back at the end of the week.....sorted. I have a portable MiFi at home for when I go my mums house but couldn't be bothered to get it unlocked for £22....

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay