We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rixos or baron resort sharm

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rixos or baron resort sharm

We are planning booking one of these hotels, but unsure which one is the best. We want comfortable rooms with good food and drinks. If anyone has been to either or both, some feedback would be very grateful.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

Not been to Baron but going back to rixos for the 4th time in May 7 a la cartes and premium vodka whiskey ect

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

Hi, we went to the Baron in March, the Rixos last March and we have booked again to go the Rixos this Friday. In all honesty, I would have probably have chosen to go back to the Baron but it was a lot more expensive. They are both very different hotels (the Baron is substantially smaller) but they are both on a par when it comes to quality and customer service and good food. We have been to several hotels in Sharm and I think they are both in the top 2, with very little to choose between them!

Elie, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

Have been to the Baron Palms ( think the Baron Resort is the larger hotel next door) Baron Palms is lovely, quite quiet, food is good, few Russians and so given the current situation I think most of the guests will be from UK. We would have been happy to return but thought we would try elsewhere in the resort this next time. The Baron Palms is quite expensive, but it has an air of refinement about it which other hotels may not have. We recommended it to our 30 year old son and his then girlfriend ( now wife) and they loved it. He even proposed to her on the beach !! ( Aaaaah!)

Woody x

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

We came down to the same choice (fly on 29th May) and in the end went for the Baron as we wanted a very chilled out week. Went to the Palms last year so know the layout and the kind of holidays the Baron chain offer.

Think the Baron is a bit more money (we paid £729 including flights and transfers) but its so close to the beach and so good for snorkelling that in the end we went with it....

Will post a review when we are back...

Belfast
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

I’ve been to both.

Was at Rixos just before it was rebranded from Royal Grand Azure – not entirely sure of what changes Rixos made to the food/drinks/entertainment.

Rooms are bigger & modern in the Rixos – stayed in a Jr Suite and the room & bathroom were huge.

The complex I found was just too big, I prefer the smaller scale of the Baron resort.

I preferred the food too in the Baron, and the service was first class – just seemed to be a bit more attentive.

So much so that I’m returning to Baron in June, and this is the first time I’ve ever returned to the same hotel – so that speaks for its self.

There are also premium drinks available in the Baron as part of the AI.

Elie, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

Agree the snorkelling from the pontoon at The Baron is excellent. You can just drift with the current to the next pontoon down then walk back along the beach...no effort required!

W x

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

just back from rixos it was amazing

sharm el-sheikh...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

hi as an operator here and meeting a lot of guest from both hotels, we can say for Sure the Rixos

cumbria
Level Contributor
543 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

Both in different areas of Sharm, depends on what you like to do. With the Baron, there is no where outside the hotel to have a walk to i.e no pubs, no shops except for a handful between the hotels. With Rixos being in Nabq, you can walk out of the hotel and turn left or right, walk for 5, 10, 15 minutes and you come to shops, English pubs, Hard Rock cafe, Mcdonalds etc. Again, it depends on what you want.

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rixos or baron resort sharm

Baron resort hands down

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay