We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Just got call from my travel agent here in Ireland to say that Falcon (agents for Thompson) have canceled all flights to Share effective immediately.

I was due to fly out next Thursday.

Absolutely gutted.

Anyone else in same position

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Nifty I think this lady emailed the FCO and that's was their response :-(

Sorry it all went wrong heartsinthecayos, but sounds like you are now getting sorted. The other thing that I think is really bad on the part of the tour operators is that they assume people who are booked for Dahab automatically will be happy to go to Sharm but really they are completely different resorts, some people may be happy with that but a lot of others wouldn't. People take a long time choosing their resorts and even their hotels.

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Thank you Tilley2013. You are the first person on this forum that has understood that Dahab is so very different to Sharm. Our autistic son cannot tolerate many people, so we specifically chose somewhere isolated. We have been to Egypt 7 times, my request for a refund is not based on me not liking Egypt. If the Icelandic volcano hadn't left us stranded for three weeks spending our deposit money, we would own an apartment in Hurghada right now. I appreciate the support x

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

are Thomson still flying to sharm thankyou I am due to go may 16th

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Yes they are ronny

It is only flights from Ireland that have been stopped at the moment

Karen

staffs
Level Contributor
861 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Yes Monarch/Thomson etc still flying out as far as I know,the FCO haven't changed their updates on safety etc.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Thomson are still flying from Manchester .We are flying with Monarch in May both companies seem to still be taking booking from Manchester.

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

This thread is about the Eire Foreign office advice which is different to the rest if the UK.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
88. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

FYI, the Irish equivalent of the British FAO have put a 'no flight advice' to all of Egypt until April 17th but the earliest scheduled flights (from an irish airport) after this is May 29th...which is 6 weeks later.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Just to remind everyone that when you book a holiday take insurance out right away. I do not usually but wait till nearer the time. In these circumstances its important.

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Thompson/falcon Ireland just canceled flights to egypt

Hi I booked in January for Dahab departing March 30, I had a call from Olympic yesterday offering me alternative accommodation in Sharm which I am happy to take.

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay