We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas at Sea Club Aqua Park

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas at Sea Club Aqua Park

Wanting to mix things up this year and booked for Xmas ~ what are we to expect and just how hot will it be?

Chose this hotel as it has the requirements of a great family holiday, having two teenage sons the waterpark should keep them entertained. Who should we book scuba diving with? Also fancy quad-bike trek. There seem to be many tour operators and are spoilt for choice - recommendations would be appreciated.

Has anyone taken the shuttle bus to the sister hotel on the beach-is it also a must-do?

Thank you in advance :-)

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas at Sea Club Aqua Park

Hi, we have just returned a few weeks ago, we did quad bikes were great, we booked with mo at time tours he has a website but you can find him on facebook, our kids aged 12 and 13 loved it, we also got a wifi unit for 20 for a week from him, this was a must for our kids keeping in touch during holidays this was also booked with him. We used shuttle bus you don't book just go to where you get towels from there is a walkway to exit at side of hotel it takes only a few mins but wouldn't walk it, drops you at main building part of hotel was great. If you want any more info pls just ask

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas at Sea Club Aqua Park

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear you had a good holiday.

I've added the facebook page for the hotel and Time Tours from there. He seems to be the popular choice. Really would like to go scuba diving whilst in Egypt. Having teenagers we always engage in craziness. Last year in Cuba nearly came to a sticky end in speedboats!!! Is the hotel in the middle of nowhere (as is often the case for All Inclusive)?

What currency did you take? Seen some people advising on sterling?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas at Sea Club Aqua Park

Hi. Actually not too bad a location but can't really walk anywhere. You are about 10 mins drive to soho square great for duty free no hastle shopping, 5 mins drive to Hard Rock Cafe nabq, 20 mins to old town sharm, 30 mins drive to naama bay and 5 mins from airport. I took about £13 in Egyptian for tips for use as soon as we arrived and 100 in USA dollars we have leftover from USA holiday for duty free, and rest English to change over there, if you speak to mo he can help you change up money, but should get approx 11.50 egy pounds to one of our pounds over there. Mo was very very good he really helped me when i was taken poorly and got me medicines I needed and delivered to hotel he went above and over what he needed to, such a likeable man, very helpful.

Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas at Sea Club Aqua Park

Can I ask what you thought of the food, as recent reviews are very mixed. Also I'm useless when it comes to tips, how much roughly and how often should I tip? Especially for the pool guys, bar staff and cleaner. Should it be in a daily basis if happy with the service or every other day? I just don't have a clue!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas at Sea Club Aqua Park

In honesty I was worried about food, although didn't need to be it was great, was a little repetitive after 7 days but hey I was fine, great at breakfast the norm minus bacon lol, freshly made omelet a etc., lunch great and dinner plus BBQ etc a lot of pasta dishes lovely breads and soups, I said if someone can't find something they like then there must be some thing wrong with them, we tipped pool guys and bar men about 2 a day and cleaner same, and when left about 10 English each to the ones that had really looked after our family. Some days we were short of small notes and gave them more some days and less others, but are grateful for whatever you give them and don't expect the tips either.

6. Re: Christmas at Sea Club Aqua Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:22
Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay