We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cash points in Naqb bay

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cash points in Naqb bay

What do people think is the best option - take sterling and change or just use cash points or a bit of both- any replies appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cash points in Naqb bay

Based on the numerous posts I have read there are machines that will change sterling into L.E notes. You could be charged for using your card abroad and you would have to let the bank know you are going.

First time in Egypt in September so I'm no expert but have been reading up.

Have a great holiday!

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cash points in Naqb bay

Hi check with your bank, my account gives me free cash withdrawals but many charge you a hefty fee. Failing that take English cash and exchange in sharm the exchange rate is far better, over 12 egyptian pounds to 1 British. Plenty of places to exchange or many hotels now have machines where you feed in your English notes and it gives you egyptian :)

Kilmarnock...
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cash points in Naqb bay

Just put your english notes in cash point and it gives you it back in egyptian pounds so easy to use

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cash points in Naqb bay

yep i agree with wilma and lynsky but u can only get big notes so what we do is go to supermarket buy something which can give u small notes for tipping cabs etc ...

5. Re: cash points in Naqb bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay