We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

Atlanta
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

Travelling To Roatan For A Week @ The End Of April & Not Sure Where To Stay. Prefer To Be On The Beach. Please Help

Bodden Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Boat Tours
Sea Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Fishing Charters & Tours
Blue Island Divers
Beaches, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

If you type "best beach" in the Roatan search box you might be amazed at all the replies already here that answer youe question

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

Fosters

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

on the beach generally means West Bay or Half Moon Bay or Sandy Bay. These give you sand, reef, and gentle water. There are other isolated resorts on their own beaches around the island you might consider. I like the pictures of Media Luna, though I haven't been there. The south side tends to be a bit rougher than the north, and these isolated places are, well, isolated. I would argue that West Bay is the prettiest beach on the island and there are lots of places to choose from, but it also has cruisers and noise, not an idyllic setting. Maybe also look at Paya Bay and Camp Bay.

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

WEst Bay...depends on what you want to spend...Infinity Bay/Mayan Princesss/West Bay Lodge...higher end....Bananarama/Fosters/Henry Morgan...little lower end.

5. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2012, 16:27
6. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 March 2012, 14:05
Minnesota
Level Contributor
369 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

It depends on what else is important to you. Do you like a pool? Do you want to rent from an owner, or do you want to go through a hotel/resort? How much meal prep do you want to do?

New Haven...
Level Contributor
329 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

Hello, I am interested in possibly renting from an owner. With full meal prep service and beachfront. My family would also need transportation from the airport to the site. Two adults, two teens.......traveling Apr16- APR21

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

You have many many options on Roatan. West Bay is stunning, West End is

beautiful. There are also resorts on other areas of Roatan (north side) that are beautiful as well - Pineapply Villa's, Pristine Bay...many options

New Haven...
Level Contributor
329 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Area To Stay In For Beach Hotel??

Thanks for the info.....I am interested in that area, I will check them out.

Get answers to your questions about Sandy Bay