We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

Schaumburg,IL
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

Hello,

I am trying to make a reservation at Keifito's Plantation Resort.

I sent an email to the " contact us" address form on the webpage , but nobody responded back to me. Does anybody knows what is the easiest way to book a room at the Keifito's ? I could not find a telephone number , nor an email address. I was told by a travel agency that in Roatan " things are moving slow when you're trying to make a reservation" . I heard good things about this resort and wanted to check it out, but is seems almost impossible toc get ahold of the owner . Is probably out of business ? I would appreciate any help.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

Good Day...

There are times when communication is a challenge on the island...in addition part of the appeal is the locals are on island time, never ever in a hurry.

Keifito's has been there for ages and ages, I can't imagine that having changed any.

It may be worth while to toss them another note through their contact page.

Schaumburg,IL
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

Thank you. I will try that again,

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

I also left you a pm with another option.... it may or may not work

enjoy!

4. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 23:06
Schaumburg,IL
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

I've got an email from Keifito's Plantation's owner saying that they have no availabilty in february, which make me think that they are closed for business. Too bad, all the reviews that I've read on the forums we're very good .

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

Perhaps just a remodel or something has happened within the managment and once they get sorted out they will be back in Biz.

I am sorry to hear you will not be able to stay where you wish.

7. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 November 2009, 15:35
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

Anybody confirm what is happening at Keifito's? I've sent a couple of messages and have not received any kind of reply.

So... still looking for a place in February... already booked for one week right on West Bay, were looking for a secluded week at Keifito's for our second week.

Assuming Keifito's will not work out this trip, suggestions for similar lodging... quiet, views, easy ocean access, moderate price (under $100 a night including taxes.)???

Schaumburg,IL
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

I heard back from Keifitos and apparently they are going to be closed in February for some unknown reason. The manager and his father (owner) had some falling out , so he is no longer there and It took me very long to track him down to see what's happening. Try Tranquilseas Cabanas located in the area of Sandy Bay . Here is their webpage :

http://www.tranquilseas.co.uk/default.html

They have good reviews on tripadvisor, and I already booked a week in February.

Good luck.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Keifito's Plantation Resort booking

I got a note from a travel agency that listed bookings at Keifito's... they said Keifito's is closed and its future is uncertain...

Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations