We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seagrape Plantation

louisville,ky
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seagrape Plantation

Are they still in operation

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seagrape Plantation

I sent you a pm with info from a local on the island.

I would have placed it here but TA would have deleted it.

enjoy!

louisville,ky
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Seagrape Plantation

Thanks for your help. We telephoned them today and all is well; just some e-mail difficulties. Looking forward to great snorkling in a couple of months!

Thanks again for your help! Happy Holidays!

Lucy

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seagrape Plantation

Seagrape is a challenging place for snorkeling. It's the exception to the rule about very easy snorkeling from almost all shoreside resorts in Roatan. Seagrape is in Lands End, where the shoreline consists of ironshore, ancient coral that looks like a moonscape. But Seagrape has built a set of steps to enter the water, making entry fairly easy. HOWEVER, if there is any kind of surf, getting back out of the water can be a challenge, approaching life-threatening, if a big wave catches you and launches you into the coral. The water's edge here is actually outside the reef line, so there is no outer reef to buffer the surf. Expect this to be a problem only about one day a week, unless there is a storm. Aside from this matter of dying in the surf, the edge along Lands End is deep and does not offer truly great snorkeling, since the little fishies prefer to be inside the reef away from the energy of the waves. You could swim east into the Bite, but that's shallow and offers almost no visibility. Or you could swim west into Half Moon Bay where there is good snorkeling as you pass the reef line into the bay. Or you could just stay somewhere else where there's fabulous snorkeling right in front.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seagrape Plantation

Isn't another option to walk something like 4 minutes from Seagrape to the Half Moon Bay beach area and start snorkeling from there?

louisville,ky
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Seagrape Plantation

Thank You for info I called and all is well thanks

6. Re: Seagrape Plantation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations