We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer question

Which West End hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pataskala, OH
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beer question

Hello --- Here is the question I ask before every vacation out of the country with my goofball husband....Do they sell Budweiser beer? I am certain that there are many fine local beers to pick from and other imports that you will tell me are far superior to Budweiser (I believe you), but that is what he drinks and he will take it in his suitcase if it's not available. And then I will have to worry about the weight of his luggage and dragging it through customs. He used to take it as his carry-on before the ban on liquids so you can understand how determined he is to drink Budweiser in foreign locales. He is crazy. I just need to know if we can pick some up on our way into West Bay from the airport. Thanks!

1. Re: Beer question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 10:45
Pataskala, OH
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer question

Yeaaaaa! Thank you ...that is good news. Now I will have more room in our bag for the important stuff, like cute sandals, bug spray, school supplies and gifts for our housekeepers.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer question

what ya do is tell him its available. when you get there and its not just say sorry and blame those idiots on TA. i mean bud is such horse pi$$. let me extend my sympathies.

Pataskala, OH
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer question

Ha! Thanks for the sympathy, Katzgar. I have found that is is just easier to know what the Bud situation is in advance so I don't spend the first day driving around in search of the horse pi$$. And remember, what is one man's horse pi$$ is another man's nectar of the gods.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer question

With the selection, quality, and price of ice cold local beers available at every bar and corner store in Roatan.....that's just being plain silly.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer question

I know he doesn't like hearing it... but if you are sitting at a bar by the water and they don't have a cold Budweiser... there are three common local beers.

We like Port Royale the best - liked it quite a lot. Second for us was Barena. Salva Vida was a distant third... but who knows how to recommend a beer to somebody who actually likes Budweiser? ;-)

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer question

I am thinking the ole boy is not looking for recommendations. *smile*

I daddy used to say "There is no such thing as a bad beer, some are just better than others."

Lori, your husband is lucky to have ya!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer question

LOL and then some. Thanks a lot for this post and to the replies. My wife and I had a great laugh. (And by the way, I drink Bud at home but even I wouldn't take it in my suitcase. But I hear ya. He likes what he likes.)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer question

I know... I know... I was just thinking that if circumstances conspired and the guy had to try something else... I mean - he's not going to fill his pockets with Bud just in case Bite on the Beach is out of Bud, is he?

Always love to get in a little promo for Port Royal - and a little thumbs down on Salva Vida...

Pataskala, OH
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer question

Thanks for all your recommendations.....I have heard that Port Royal is a good local beer and I am sure that he will try it when we are out and about.....and while he may not carry cans of Bud in his pockets, he will surely have a few on ice in his cooler.

What can I say? The guy likes his Budweiser. Luckily, I like everything else and have none of these concerns. You can't imagine how embarrassing it was walking through the Atlanta airport when he was carrying two cases of Budweiser duct taped together as his carry on bag....he even made little handles out of the duct tape. Even the flight attendants came over to see it. On another trip to Costa Rica he took an old suitcase completely filled with cases of Budweiser (we stayed a couple weeks ..lol) When we went through customs they x-rayed his bag and wanted to know if we were going to sell the beer. Yeah, right.... over his dead body!! I am one of the few travelers in the world that was relieved when they banned liquids on flights!

Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations