We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

low key right on beach hotel

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
low key right on beach hotel

We are arriving in March us and our teenage daugher. Love to snorkel. want reasonable hotel hopefully close to beach. I have bad knees don't like alot of walking , we will have car and like to get around island. What hotel and what beaches are best so you can snorkel from shore out.

Splash Inn Dive Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
#1 of 9 hotels in West End
Cocolobo
Cocolobo
#2 of 9 hotels in West End
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Seagrape Plantation Resort
#3 of 9 hotels in West End
Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
280 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: low key right on beach hotel

Wow that question has never been asked...in the last 5 mins.

Search the forum and wisdom you shall find. There are currently a couple active threads on this topic in the forum. IB, MP, HM & Bananrama are the "big" name ones. If you are asking about low key you haven't done your reseach as the whole island is low key.

Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: low key right on beach hotel

Dont feel bad. I had no idea that you could search for specific answers to questions when I first started using Tripadvisor, either. I often use it on my iPhone or iPod so the screens arena as easy to click around as on a regular computer. :)

Yeti and a few others are really great sources of info if you have really specific questions you can't find answers to.

When are you going and how old is your teen. We're heading down March 21-28 with two 13 year old girls.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: low key right on beach hotel

look at fosters west bay. a marble palace it aint but the food is decent and the lobster special is cheap. foster diaz owns it and he and his family are great hosts.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: low key right on beach hotel

This is posted in the West End Forum... are you looking for a place on the beach in West End?

I don't think there is anything on the beach in West End..Maybe Lost Paradise.

You may be better off in West Bay... most of those accommodation is on the beach.

I don't know what alot of walking is to you....but pretty much any place you stay will require walking. Most of the resorts have their own restaurants but if you are considering only eating on the property would avoid anything that belongs to HM Resorts..I hear the food is not at all good.

oops, the title says on the beach but the post says close to the beach.

Perhaps being a bit more clear about what you want and what your budget is... I never know what people mean by reasonable.

Half Moon Bay in West End and West Bay are the two places most people snorkel.. it is possible to snorkel in Sandy Bay as well but I am not sure how far out from the shore you have to swim.

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
186 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: low key right on beach hotel

Blue Bahia at Sandy Bay is just across a path from the beach. Quiet and low key. Small pool and excellent restaurant on site. Quick drive to West Bay and well positioned to explore all of the island. Fosters at West Bay served us well for a first visit. They have some 2BR units. While we did not love their food, Bite On The Beach and Las Rocas both had great fresh food and were mere steps away! Fosters was very good on Lobster night! Also happy to give advice when we needed/wanted it. Do sit back, relax and read back several pages on the forum for lots of great advice on things to do, see and places to eat!

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: low key right on beach hotel

Prefer Hotel on beach in Roatan. Or very short walk across path. Cost about 100 or less for 3 per nite. Pool if possible. Does almost everyone stay at West End, West Bay or Sandy?

Like to talk with other guestsand Hosts. Enjoy driving around island and exploring. Want to snorkle alot from shore. Did anyone fly from Roatan to Copan? Or did anyone take ferry to La Ceiba and go to Pico Bonito Lodge.

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
La Ceiba
La Ceiba
Atlantida Department, Honduras
Pataskala, OH
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: low key right on beach hotel

We rented a condo at Infinity Bay from a private owner on VRBO.com...we are paying $125.00 a night for a 1 bdrm unit with a pull-out couch in the living room...we do not have a view of the ocean but are just a couple buildings back from the beach. Our unit has a view of the swimming pool which looks pretty good to me after this never-ending winter in Ohio. I have never been to Roatan but it sounds like IB is very close to the beach and great snorkeling. We are also renting a car and exploring the island. Going next Saturday so I will let everyone know how great it is once I get back.....

Mentioned in this post
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,275 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: low key right on beach hotel

Let me give this a go...

Holiday Makers are scattered all over the island, but many people end up in West Bay due to the AMAZING beach, West End cause of the night life or Sandy Bay cause of it close to both of the above but far enough away be a bit more quiet..

There are PLENTY of places to stay farther out.

Depending on how far you can swim, your best bets for snorkeling from the shore with a hotel on the beach are West Bay and Sandy Bay. The reef runs one side of the island but if is pretty far out in some places.

On the beach with a pool, this narrows it down alot, have a peek at the web sites to see what kind of prices there are.

All of the HM Resorts on West Bay Beach Have pools.

www.hmresorts.com/hmresorts/…

In addition Infinity Bay has a pool.

http://www.infinitybay.com/en/index.html

All of the above places are steps from the beach, some if the units have beach/sea view.

I am not at all sure what you mean by low key. If that phrase is important, toss me some more info.

West Bay is the premiere beach on the island so there are more than a few people about, both those staying for an amount of time and those who come out for the day with a Cruise Ship.

If you wish to stay in Sandy Bay,, as said above Blue Bahia Resort

has a pool.

Now, if pool is not so important there are so many more choices.

It may be worth while to have a peek at

roatanet.com/listing/roatan-hotels-resorts.p…

See what catches your eye and pop on back to ask us what we know.

I have not been to Copan but there are several tour groups doing this including the flight from Roatan.

anthonyskey.com/en/…copan_ruins.html

hmm seems I can only find one at present. Theer are several infomation stations both in West Bay and West End, finding a way to Copan should be easy.

I have not been to Pico Bonito Lodge, it is a bit out of my price range..with that said I have been to the cloud forest by way of the ferry from Roatan. I stayed in a Eco Lodge called Omega. I loved the place, the people and the food. They have all kinds of activities, it was great fun.

http://www.omegatours.info/index.asp?ID=1

This may or may not help much, please do a bit of research and get back to us with any questions.

Edited: 26 February 2011, 13:51
Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,753 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,275 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Blue Bahia Resort
Blue Bahia Resort
229 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: low key right on beach hotel

We have looked into staying with VRBO.com. Casa Cervantes and Casita Cervantes at Sandy Bay both look fantastic to us and the Owners are quick to respond to email! There is an on site pool and view of the water and beach. Not sure how many steps away those are. By having a full kitchen and bbq it allows you to have some meals in privacy at home. We always enjoy a nice quiet breakfast and coffee at rentals and also cold beverages and snacks at sunset. Roatan has a couple of excellent grocery stores. IMO it's worth paying slightly more if you can save $$$ by bfast and happy hour as well as a few lunches by your own pool! Also nice to bring along a soft side cooler for water/soda/beer and snacks while touring around the island in your rental car. Be sure to visit Camp Bay and Paya Bay for a day trip. Lovely almost deserted beaches with snorkeling! Of course Blue Bahia also has kitchens in their places. All in what appeals to you. We enjoy privacy when we want it and mingling when we want it. VRBO gives us the best of both.

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Paya Bay Resort
Paya Bay Resort
419 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Manitoba
Level Contributor
371 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: low key right on beach hotel

We are booking at Land's End...................ocean view rooms....................look great!

Get answers to your questions about West End