We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Palms...West End

Which West End hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
The Palms...West End

HAs anyone ever stayed here? Any info would be great ...thnx!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Palms...West End

I think that is the new wanna be Mayan Princess in West End that always looks closed to me. I could be wrong.

I saw a sign for an ice cream shop inside the wall, perhaps that will jog someone's memory.

connecticut
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Palms...West End

They were redoing the front bar area when I walked by it a few weeks ago,,,,didn't realize that there were accommodations , just thought it was a rest./bar.

See how much I know! : )

It's a little way up the main road, not right in the thick of things,, I think that's a good thing.....

Edited: 04 August 2011, 03:13
Ruidoso, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Palms...West End

Did you go there? I am very curious about it as well. They said their first visitor through VRBO is in December.

Ruidoso, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Palms...West End

Has anyone gone to the Palms on West End?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Palms...West End

The Pallms is just a bunch of places put up for shops, If there are acomodations they would be low budget and IMHO not too desirable

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Palms...West End

Back in 2010 I remember going into the complex - I think we were looking for an ice cream shop. There was no ice cream shop and I believe the restaurant was also unoccupied. If my memory serves, the cement water "pond" was dry. Fairly new construction, yet sort of deserted feel except for the big building to the left as you face it from the road - is that the place with the cigar store and bar? It was actually a little spooky - like most of the businesses had just locked their doors for the week we were there. Some construction materials setting around and stuff.

I think the upstairs units must be the apartments. I'd want to find out if the bar is operating and what the hours are, as I think it could be a pretty noisy spot, especially on weekends...

I'm going on what might be quite flawed memory here - somebody in West End can say more... I know the VRBO listing I looked at described their unit as cozy - meaning tiny!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Palms...West End

There is a utube bit posted March 2011 from a Realtor, as with many of the places on the island some or parts are for sale. The pics in the VRBO page make at least the bathroom look good.

If the first guest is in Dec my guess is no one has stayed as yet.

The price may be low due to not completed construction, on going construction or just cause the owner of that unit would like to get the name of the place out there.

It many be like West Bay Mall, rental units above retail space.

I pasted by on foot more than once last spring... nothing about the place at the time attracted me.

8. Re: The Palms...West End

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2012, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations