We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coconut tree cabins

Which West End hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tulsa
Level Contributor
101 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
coconut tree cabins

Hello all. I am looking at taking a group of male divers to west end later in the year and I have been trying to decide where to stay. the pictures on the website for coconut tree cabins .

www.coconuttreecabins.com/west_end_cabins

looks fine to me. But after reading some of the reviews here I am concerned. COuld anyone that has actually been there tell me something? Are the pictures acurate? or have they remodeled one or two cabins and taken pictures of those? I love to come to a place like roatan stay in a rustic cabin and roam the area. All I need is clean rooms, hot water and a/c that works. I will be bringing about 20 divers and i know that coconut tree divers have outstanding reviews but I am concerned about the cabins. thanks

California
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coconut tree cabins

I've stayed there twice and am set to return in about a month. They are rustic and clean. The furniture is mismatched, but adequate. You may want to bring your own pillows. They were cleaned daily and I never had a problem with theft nor issues with my personal security. The location was ideal - especially if you are diving with coconut tree divers. If all you need is a clean room with hot water and AC, the cabins will fill the bill. The other advantage is that Coconut Tree Cabins has a back-up generator. Could be very important as power outages occur with some frequency.

I wasn't expecting the Ritz, didn't get the Ritz, but was fine with offering.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coconut tree cabins

Be prepared for the road noise, the only way in and out of the village of West End is at your door. There is a wall between on both sides, perhaps that lessens the sound some.

tulsa
Level Contributor
101 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coconut tree cabins

thanks sosiouxme. Do all of the cabins look like the ones in the pictures?

California
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coconut tree cabins

Each cabin is a little different, due to the varying furniture options and crazy mismatched bedding. I would say that like typical lodging websites, coconut tree cabins puts their best out for the world to see. All cabins do not look like the ones featured in the pictures, but I wouldn't say that the pictures are grossly misleading. I'm going there in April, I can let you know more about the state of the place after I return.

If you arrive at a cabin, and it is not to your liking, I'm sure they would let you switch to another depending on availability. In my experience, they aim to please.

tulsa
Level Contributor
101 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coconut tree cabins

thanks...as long as the cabins are similar to the ones in the pictures I will be happy. I am going to need to rent most of them. I will contact them to try to work something out.

Houston
Level Contributor
80 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coconut tree cabins

Another advantage of Coconut Tree is that the owner has integrity and if you are truly dissatisfied, as the one very negative review indicated, they will refund your money. The one lengthy favorable review was accurate. I have visited the one just behind the restaurant, mini mart and dive shop building and it was nice, with a view of Half Moon Bay. The restaurant was my favorite and I ate there at least 50 times and always was pleased. It is not a Hilton Garden Inn.

The location is great, especially as stated if you plan on using the dive shop. If I return in May, I intend to stay there.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
468 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coconut tree cabins

Hi there, I've worked at the diveshop for the last seven years. I'll gladly go take pictures of all the cabins for you and send them your way. In fact, I'm going to take the pictures tomorrow and post them on our Coconut Tree Divers and Go Pro Carribbean page on Facebook. Surely others would like to see them. They are not the Embassy Suites, but they also don't come with that price tag. All of Coconut Tree is off the grid in terms of electricity. The place has two big generators, that run the whole resort. One serves as the back up to the other. If they both fail, we can't fill tanks at the diveshop. We fill lots of tanks everyday. The A/C works, there is hot water, and you can access the Wi-Fi. I'm happy to give you sincere answers to any questions you may have.

Best wishes - marco

tulsa
Level Contributor
101 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coconut tree cabins

thanks marco. i am looking forward to the pictures. i have sent an email to both the dive shop and the cabins. I think these may work for my group

Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: coconut tree cabins

Coconut Tree Cabins Real pictures real review , tripadvisor.ie/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Stockholm
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: coconut tree cabins

HI,

We have booked 2 Single cabins at the new year and would like to have your opinion about this place . It doesn´t look so good in the pictures but too many places are already fullbooked now. Please let me know your experience about this place......and if you have some pictures as well would be grate.....

Thanks / Best Regards

Birgitta

Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations