We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Meridian NEXT FEBRUARY..Dive Shop? Bugs?

Which West End hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edina
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at the Meridian NEXT FEBRUARY..Dive Shop? Bugs?

We are planning a trip the last week in February 2013. Two of us are divers. I am wondering if anyone can recommend any particular dive shops? Are there any to avoid? I understand Smugglers is NOT to be missed, but I can't find much on the Vacation Rentals tab re the Meridian.... for you LOCALS, any insight into the property? I have perused the forum at length about the "bug situation", and wonder if I can get a "forecast" for the end of February. Thank you so much!

Roatan, Honduras
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Meridian NEXT FEBRUARY..Dive Shop? Bugs?

We personally dove with Anemona divers; great experiences and located in West Bay in front of Fosters. There are a few dive centers in West Bay and a whole lot more in West End. The Meridian is a gorgeous location all the way at the end of West Bay. The sunsets are amazing and the condos are top notch: marble, travertine tile, jet tubs, etc. The bugs are not so bad at the point , home to Meridian and Smugglers. It would be best to pack off or skin so soft. The littler beggars don't seem to get along with deet. You will love Roatan!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the Meridian NEXT FEBRUARY..Dive Shop? Bugs?

"We personally dove with Anemona divers; great experiences and located in West Bay in front of Fosters. "

I would avoid them if they are still owned by the german, partially filling bottles is not cool.

Roatan, Honduras
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the Meridian NEXT FEBRUARY..Dive Shop? Bugs?

It is now owned by a woman from Spain. Full bottles always.

4. Re: Staying at the Meridian NEXT FEBRUARY..Dive Shop? Bugs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:42
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations