We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Bay in July

Which West End hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Infinity Bay in July

I will be staying at Infinity Bay next week and read a lot of reviews concerning the not so good service by the IB-provided transportation. Are taxis readily available outside the airport?

Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Infinity Bay in July

I believe so....I've noted different Taxis around....you could also ask Theris Dixon to meet you. ( google her name and her site comes up ).

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Infinity Bay in July

Do not get fooled by those reviews. We were there last week and did not have any issued using the Infinity Bay Shuttle they even wait you inside the baggage area.

Just call Infinity Bay a day before departing to Roatan, be sure to tell them the Airline and arrival time, upon checking out be aware they run on a predefined schedule so you need to know that to get the appropiate shuttle back.

Taxi cabs are around $30-$35 so I would take the shuttle and it is pretty good. I haven't had a problem with this service ever

Have fun

www.travelinghonduras.com

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Infinity Bay in July

It's always a personal decision to make at any destination when group transportation from the airport is part of the price you paid. Sometimes you wait for some hokey pokey people who are the same shuttle...sometimes you don't. If money is no object...it's always much faster to take your own private taxi. IF you want to stop for groceries in Coxen Hole en route to Infinity Bay than a private taxi is recommended. If you do want to stock up on some basic groceries for the condo I would advise getting private transportation, getting your main groceries and show up at the condo with them. You can get very good prices for fruit and veggies in West End by local market people...but the crackers, pickles, coffee, milk, eggs, butter, bread etc. is best to buy in Coxen Hole as the store in West Bay Mall by Infinity Bay for this stuff has inflated prices like a variety store would back at home.

Boston...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Infinity Bay in July

Thank you all for your suggestions.

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Infinity Bay in July

if you walk out of the parking lot up towards the road the some taxi prices are much cheaper there is a make shift "bench" at the exit of the airport parking lot sit there with a suitcase and you are sure to attract a cabbie in no time enjoy the island !!!

6. Re: Infinity Bay in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations