We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Eating?

NEW ORLEANS
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good Eating?

What do you think are some of the best-cannot-miss meals in West End? Any thoughts on all price ranges? Thanx!

NEW ORLEANS
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Eating?

Sorry about the double post... Accident... Please disregard 1 of the 2

Edited: 10 October 2012, 05:06
ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Eating?

our favourites on recent visits would put you in the under 10.00 average 8.00 range,, but it really depends how much and what meals you buy ,, everyone is different

Rotissourie chicken,, Lingo Longos and the little baleada place I think its called Chapos I think was filling at 4.00 each ..,, Lots more that Im sure others have tried and will give suggestions for as well. We normally only do evening or late lunch in west end so we have no tastings for breakfast places

If you are able to venture out to other places you will also find good little places to eat in west bay like Fosters and Las rocos and blue bahia in sandy bay area just to name a couple more !!!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,337 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Eating?

since Besos closed in WE,or moved to Pristine Bay or closed there or whatever it is they did, my favorite in town is Linga Longa in the Beach House on Half Moon Bay. Fine dining with actual table cloths, on the deck overlooking the water. Lots of good cheap eats elsewhere, but LL succeeds at offering fine dining, probably the only restaurant in town that attempts to offer fine dining. Actually there is so much variety in WE that it makes little sense to leave for dinner.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
642 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Eating?

Is Besos conpletely closed? Not reopening at Pristine Bay st all?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
252 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Eating?

We liked the guy who makes tacos at night in the mall parking lot in West End, and the tapas/live music night at Tranquilseas was fun and delicious. Everybody raved to us about Tong's but we didn't get a chance to try it.

And of course rotisserie chicken. :-)

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
252 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Eating?

Oh yeah, and the coconut shrimp, plantains, and beans and rice at Beacher's in West Bay was one of our favorite meals we had. Mmmmm

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Eating?

Katlanta :: Mall parking lot in west end ???? where ?? Im always wanting to try those little guys set up !! but also a little nervous for safe food...can you give me an idea of where this is or maybe what was in the mall for stores then i know aprox where to look for the parking lot..

we also enjoyed the food from the young fellow on the beach in west bay with the blue cooler he arrives to west end but takes the water taxi down to west bay beach best to get those stuffed with chicken when they are hot and still had a crisp to the dough he put on lots of fresh toppings and came highly recommened by everyone !!! yuuummmyyy does anyone know what those wraps are called ???

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
252 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Eating?

Zoey1ont -- I forget what it's called, Maria's Mall or something? It has a Mares dive shop. It's an orange building across from, maybe, C-level or the Honduran food place? Somewhere near Waves of Art and on the same side of the street. There is an ATM next door. He only seems to set up in the evening, and he has a propane-powered flattop grill and a table of condiments set up, plus some picnic tables. No sign or anything. Two young-ish guys.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
252 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Eating?

I mean a dive GEAR shop. Not a dive operation. :-) It doesn't really look like much of a mall, but that's what the sign said.

Taco guy had pork one night and beef another night. Both were good.

The cooler guy sounds like empanadas or empanadillas but I didn't have them so I can't say for sure. Sounds tasty :-)

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Eating?

thanks Katlanta you are very ,very helpfull and I know exactly where you are referring to as we have visited the mars dive supplies out let there on past trips.

Look forward to these Taco guys being set up for our next time back to roatan hope there are still in business!!!!! so we can support them.....

oh yes!! blue cooler guy had very tasty items and he delivers them right to your beach chair cant beat that service !!!!!

Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations