We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

Craftsbury Common
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

Thinkin of Infinity Bay, it looks lovely but 140 units?? how crowded is it? Going In July 2013

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
762 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

July? Not at all. We were there in March at full occupancy and it wasn't a problem.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
369 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

I agree with Famouschinese - not a problem. First of all, many of the condos are owner occupied, and they aren't in the rental pool to begin with. Even if they're full, the pool is huge, and it fronts beautiful West Bay Beach. Some people will be eating, some in the ocean, some gadding about the island, many in their rooms, and some in the pool, some next to the pool sunning, etc. I thought they only had 115 units, but whatever. We always found a table next to the pool for morning coffee or afternoon snacks. It's a lovely place to stay.....

The nicest thing about the pool at IB is that it's huge, beautiful, and overlooks the ocean; a perfect spot when the beach is crowded with cruise shippers : )

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,337 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

when I go down to West Bay to have a real Florida experience and see how the other half lives, I am a bit put off by the lunchtime band noise, each competing to be the loudest. So I would hardly consider any place on the middle of West Bay to be quiet during the day. I think that noise from the other units in comparison to the bands would not be the real concern.

toragirl
Level Contributor
97 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

Don`t be concerned by the 140 units. Even on the busiest cruise day this week, I haven`t felt overly crowded at all. Between the pool, the beach chairs and being in the water, everyone has somewhere to go. The bar gets busy if there is a game on, but we`ve never had issues with finding a table for dinner.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
633 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

I was there in May/June last year for a week, its was pretty quiet to say least, not nearly as touristy and developed as West Bay...super chill in West End. Check out Cocolobo or for old school cottage, SeaGrape.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

OP - you've got people talking at cross-purposes due to some confusion in your post. Infinity Bay is on West Bay Beach. West End is a village a few miles east along the coast from WBB. Infinity Bay is on the west end of West Bay... not West End.

so the first four responses are about IB on WBB... 5 is about West End...

7. Re: west end- how quiet vs congested is the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations