We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of expenses for a week

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of expenses for a week

Wondering if anyone could tell me on an average week what it would cost for meals & drinks for 2 people. Typically we would have a bottle of wine for dinner & probably 6 beers per day each. Just a rough guess would be greatly appreciated. Thanks@

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

A bottle of wine and 6 beers each?!? Boy I want to hang out with you. So figure beer at $2 to $2.50 each. Wine? Never touch it in the tropics. you can eat well for $30 each in West End, and ofcourse you can spend more than that if you must.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

It's vacation - what can I say? Cheap beer - we pay $7 a bottle here in Canada - sounding good already. Not a bad price for meals either - did some surfing on restaurants. Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

Question, what are the domestic beer selections say on West Bay and West End? Seriously thinking of visiting this March/April? We love those simple pilsner style lighter beers......

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

Alcohol is cheaper in Roatan than it is in Canada...but where isn't it!!!!! It has been my experience that the restaurant prices in Roatan were pretty similar to Canada so just budget accordingly depending on what type of restaurants you plan to eat in. As for the local beers they are definitely lighter tasting so Jones you should be happy in Roatan. The local beers there were too light for me as I prefer an amber/darker beer.

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

Interesting.... so looking forward to enjoying Roatan for our first time. Sounds like a day of taste testing around West Bay and West End.

Question, do the resorts like Henry Morgan give you draft beer or bottles at an AI inclusive? When we were in Isla Margarita we had bottles of beer and no draft!!!!! Nice...

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

Last year, two weeks (breakfast included with our accomodations) about $500 total. Food is not expensive. On your way into the hotel, stop at the grocery store and purchase your beer (that is, if you have a fridge in your room). The 2 weeks were very inexpensive and we loved Roatan so much we are heading back this winter...not many more sleeps now!!!!!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

Wow! I knew drinks were cheap there - but that's really awesome for 2 weeks of food. Where did you stay & are you staying @ the same place? Thanks again, cheers to your next stay!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

They give you bottled beer at the AI's and when I went there was just one local brand included in the AI.

Rosedale, Canada
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

We don't drink much alcohol during the day but we do like our wine in the evenings :)

Last year we spent around $1000 for two weeks (breakfast was included at our hotel). We usually had a light lunch , like a salad, or skipped lunch and had a snack mid-afternoon. Dinner was by far our most expensive meal and usually averaged around $50 for both of us with a few glasses of wine thrown in.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of expenses for a week

Excellent! Looking forward to visiting with a little R&R thrown in,,,,,,,

Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations