We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

wisconsin
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
car rental

What is the safest and most economical car rental for a couple days?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

We were pleased with Avis a few weeks ago.

$206 for one week, economic car, got upgraded to a full size, which was a bit of a clunker, but drove fine, good service, friendly people and at the airport.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

we rented from Avis twice, a week each... actually are in the second week... got $150 weekly rate on the Economy car, but with the new 19% tax it ends up being $193 and change...

USA
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

We rent from the agency in West End right on the strip. They have reasonably new cars and it was relatively inexpensive.

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
California
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

Here is my 2 cents and maybe for you worth 2 cents. I see no reason to rent a car on Roatan. Taxi's are damn cheap. And there is a taxi wherever you look so the competition is high. The two of us paid no more than $3 to get around. Of course I would think going to Punta Gorda or further out is more but at that rate who needs a car?

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

Painnurse,

You may not have thought a rental would be needed or useful where you stayed and visited but remember, there are places to stay all over the Island and places to visit all over, If not wanting to stick mainly to the West End of the Island or staying elsewhere a car is very useful and in some areas pretty much required if one wants to get out and about

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
California
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

Georgee I see that this person wants it only for a few days so that is what I based not needing a car for. For such a short visit I would think most likely but of course could be incorrect, that this person will be staying between Coxen Hole and West End. Taking a water taxi from West End to West Bay is easy. And going up to Punta Gorda and seeing the views, etc. just takes a short time and not expensive with a taxi.

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
7. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about West End