We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

Thanks for the previous advise in the Honduras forum. Decided to go to Roatan and stay in West End and booked at Splash Inn for a week. Will be alone, and ready to chill out, relax and drink some beer. Have booked refresher dive course since it has been so long, but this isnt a diving trip but hope to go a few times and snorkel or kayak. I really would like to get around and see different areas of the island. I was wondering if anyone knows a good driver for this? A few other places I have been I just hooked up with one driver for most of my trip and was so much easier to just pick up the phone or plan beforehand, than getting in a taxi and not knowing if you will get ripped off or how safe it is. Would it be fairly easy to find someone like this when I get there, or better to try and set up beforehand. I dont have any particular plans in mind. Also if I do any type of tour, is if best to set that up also before or will it not be a problem when I get there. Will be there first week of August, not sure how crowded it will be. Any suggestions on fishing guide/trip, or possible to rent fishing equipment? thanks

winneconne,wi
Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

Jorge at www roatancustomtours.com. We used him this past winter a couple of times.

Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

cool thanks will check them out

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

You accommodation will have the name of safe reputable drivers.

Many people end up in relationships with drivers to ferry them about from place to place at the drop of a hat. Easy peasy.

Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

Cool thanks, thats what I usually end up doing, I hoped would be the same there.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
356 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

www.roatanguidedtours.com

Try this family! Marty picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. Blackie made supper for us one night and Regan their son took us fishing last fall when we visited. Really great people! He also lives in West End.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

Hi Help Coming to Roatan for the first time, docking at Coxen Hole Never been to this local before what do you have to share about Roatan

Are there excursion companies in the terminal so I don't have to buy the expensive excursions on the ship?

Are there Bus tours? How much is it? Can you get off the bus and back on if you buy a round trip fare?

What is the best way to get to W Bay then to west end and then back to the Terminal?

What does the terminal have to offer first timers?

What does the East End have, which would you recommend?

Are there other places to see while were here. We only have a short time to do it.

Edited: 14 September 2014, 17:49
Humble, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

Try "Cleve" at Seagrape. I have gone on a complete island tour with him and his energy and enthusiasm is contagious. He know all the hidden treasures of the island. Tell him what type of things your interested in an he will accommodate you..

Contact info;

Seagrape Plantation Resort, West End, Roatan, Bay Islands. Honduras, C.A info@seagraperoatan.com

Tels. (504) 2445-4428 Office / *(504) 8793-0265 Office / *(504) 2445-4298 Office / *(504) 2445-4297 and ask for Cleve. It seems that everybody knows him on the island, even the gate agents at the airport. Have a good time!

Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

Thanks Bill, I had to cancel my trip, but still have my ticket, and hoping to go in the spring

9. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:30
Ohio
Level Contributor
335 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decided on Roatan-West End, any suggestions for driver

Just curious if anyone knows what is a fair price to expect to pay from cruise ship to beach and back. If I can hail a cab at the port and save $40-50 then I would do so rather than hook up with an agency now. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations