We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

wisconsin
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
fishing

What is a good company to go through to schedule a fishing trip for 2 people

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

When is your trip? Perhaps we could split a charter to help on costT. We are going Oct 4-11

wisconsin
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

Unfortunately our dates do not coincide

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing

Are you looking for Americanized version, large boat, outriggers, downriggers, top of the line rods reals and bait hoping to hook the big boys with Miami type pricing or a more local type thing with a dory or Cayucca?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing

Local would be their thing

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing

If you are looking for locals.. why both with a company. have a chat with several of the guys with boats along the beach..plenty of locals with dories in West Bay.. I bet even the water taxi guys would be happy to take you out.

If you are looking for something a bite more up scale. Ray and the guys at Bay Island Adventures would be more than happy to help you out.. Ray's family has been on the island for over 200 years. I have not met his staff but my guess is they are local as well. http://bayislandsadventures.com/

Virginia
Level Contributor
183 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing

My husband and friends booked a fishing trip with a local company, Theris Dixon and it cost $70 per hour for the boat for 1-4 people. They provided drinks (and NO snacks as advertised) and they trolled up and down just past the reef (where other boats were) for a couple of hours with no luck. In the last hour, they bottom fished and caught 2. Not sure if this was typical but a real disappointment considering how much we had heard about how good the fishing would be. I read that the prices could be as low as $50-$65 but we could not find those deals. Good luck!

7. Re: fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations