We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaria tablets

Which Panjim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hants
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
malaria tablets

what type do we need for goa seams to be a little confusion on this matter, keep hearing different things

thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaria tablets

speak to your doc is best bet

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malaria tablets

We always take chloroquine and proguanil for Goa, though I agree with baz that you should take medical advice and also make sure your injections are up to date.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malaria tablets

and on topic of jabs i'v just got off phone to my doc, and the jabs i got in 08 have run out so need more injections, i'll be like a 2nd hand dart board all these needles haha

hants
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: malaria tablets

cheers have seen doc and was told to speak to travel agent, good eh.

think will go to chemist they probably got better idea than my witch doctor

thanks for the advise

UK
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: malaria tablets

Your doc deserves to be struck off if that's what he told you. I would report him immediately.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malaria tablets

you have been given injections tho?

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malaria tablets

Having been on here for a number of years....it seems that our medical profession sometimes hasn't got a clue about Malaria!!! People come on here stating this and that and that must be so confusing.

Shame they don't all sing from the same hymn sheet!

hants
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: malaria tablets

yeah went to tobago and cape verde ( dont bother with cape verde ) not so long ago and have had a skin full of injections, pretty sure we up to date with jabs, so the witch nurse said ?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
237 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: malaria tablets

Hi,

Thats shocking but not surprising re the doctor. It does really depend on you regarding which anti-malaria tablets you take. I took Doxycycline this yr due to a bad reaction to malarone on a previous trip. When i went to pick up the tablets the pharmist at boots had the same book as the GP and was really helpful.

I also tried a wristband for the first time this yr and it worked a treat. It was yellow and smelled on citronella i think i picked them up in ASDA. Not one bite.

Claire

hants
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: malaria tablets

more scarry how do you do that, ive tried and cant get hold of the back of my eyes to do that ?

Get answers to your questions about Panjim