We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Bhuj

Which Bhuj hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Bhuj

Hi , We will be travelling to gujarat for 12 days and staying in Bhuj for 3 days in mid december .

My list of things to see in Bhuj include the rann of kuch and doing the night safari and morning visit, craftsmen village at bhujodi and ajrakhpur , the narayan sarovar . I also plan to stay at the tent city

Need to know -

1. how to make booking at tent city and if anyone has stayed is it a good idea ? i will be travelling with my parents who are over 60 and will it be comfortable . I have tried emailing at the addresses given at the official websites but there is no response

2. Other places that can be seen in Bhuj

3. Will be traveling by train from delhi to Bhuj and then will continue to jamnagar , dwarka , somnath , gir , will catch a train back from rajkot to delhi.

a) Is there a ferry service that runs from mandvi or any other port to jamnagar as it will cut my travel time immensely .

b) is any other route suggested that can reduce travel time

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Bhuj

Hi,

You can read my blog on this trip to Kutch. Hope it may help you.

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Unfortunately, there is no ferry service or regular passenger launch service between Dwarka and Mandvi. This is typical of India. We just do not have it though it is in great demand saving time money and energy.

Sanjiv

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Bhuj

Hello,

Here is my suggestion:

Day 1: Alight from Ala Hazrat Express at Samakhiali and Proceed to Dwarka. Reach 4 pm

Day 2: Dwarka, Beyt Dwarka, Nageshwar

Day 3: Porbandar, Somnath and reach Gir for night stay

Day 4: Gir National Park for asiatic lions

Day 5: Little Rann of Kutch for wild azz of Kutchsi

Day 6: Enroute to Kutch visit Ajrakhpur, khamir.org, shrujan.org Reach hodka.in

Day 7: White Rann, Kalo Dungar, North villages

Day 8: Central Kutch kala-raksha.org, traditionalroganart.com, Kutch fossil park, Thaan Monastery and stay with us devpurhomestay.in

Day 9: West Kutch - Lakhpat, Narayansarovar, Koteshwar, Mata na Madh

Day 10: South Kutch - Mandvi

Day 11: Bhuj and Shopping

Day 12: Board the Ala Hazrat Express from Bhuj to Delhi

Tent City bookings are not available Online. I can facilitate if you so desire. Else, staying at hodka.in will also be a good experience. For your senior citizen parents advise you take the Bhoongas (mud huts). Route suggested! Regret, no ferry across the Gulf of Kutch, which was there till 1970!

Happy planning!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Bhuj

Thank u this was helpful

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Bhuj

Dear Sanjeev , your blog was certainly very helpful , we plan on taking teh same route to shaam e sarad and then seeing dhoro village on the same night , maybe going to kala dhunger on the way is a good idea , can we also see the rann from there ?

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
975 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Bhuj

Hi mansi,

Booking in tent city can be done through the gujarattourism's website with respective phone numbers given there. There are many places in and around bhuj like aina mahal, kutch muesuem, hamirsar lake etc and mandvi, kalo dungar etc around bhuj. There are no ferry services but over night buses available for jamnagar from bhuj.

Cheers.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Bhuj

Hi,

You can easily visit Kalo Dungar and India gate also which is few km. ahead on the main road.

White raan is 20 to 25 kms away by road from Kalo Dungar

Sanjiv

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
379 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Bhuj

Hi MansiTB,

Last year I had booked accommodation in white rann tent city through http://www.akshartours.com. They were official booking partner of Gujarat Tourism.

Here is a suggestive itinerary:

Day 1: Arrival at Bhuj. Local sightseen. Overnight at Bhuj.

Day 2: Bhuj to white Rann. Enjoy sunset at White rann by taxi. Overnight near white rann.

Day 3: Enjoy sunrise at White rann. After breakfast travel to Mandvi via kala dungar and chhari dhand by taxi. Overnight at Mandvi.

Day 4: Mandvi Local Sightseen. Night journey from Mandvi to Dwarka by private bus.

Day 5: Arrival at Dwarka. Local Sightseen. Overnight at Dwarka.

Day 6: Bet Dwarka and Nageshwar Visit. Overnight at Dwarka.

Day 7: Dwarka to Somnath via Porbander by Taxi. Visit Kirti Mandir (Gandhiji's House) at Porbander. Evening visit to Somnath Temple. Overnight at Somnath.

Day 8: Morning visit to Somnath Temple. Somnath to Diu by Taxi. Overnight at Diu.

Day 9: Full day sightseen at Diu. Overnight at Diu.

Day 10: Diu to Gir National Park by Taxi. Overnight at Gir National Park.

Day 11: Full day at Gir national Park. Overnight at Gir National Park.

Day 12: Gir National Park to Rajkot via Junagadh by Taxi.

Key points:

1. Try to have full moon night stay at White rann.

2. Try to have Christmas/new year stay at Diu.

I have posted my kutch reviews at below links:

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g1102829-d372…

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g1102829-d243…

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g1102829-d266…

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g303878-d2491…

Bhagalpur, India
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to Bhuj

sir kindly advice me budgeted tent in bhuj for 2 nights, i will arrive in bhuj on 22.12.2013 with wife, one son age 12 yeras one daughter age 5 years

Bhagalpur, India
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Bhuj

sir kindly also give me route chart from bhuj ie i like to visit dwarka,somnath,sasangir,junagarh,ahmedabad

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
975 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to Bhuj

Dear sir,

There are no tented accomodations in bhuj. They are only at white rann Desert. In bhuj There are decent hotels and guest houses of all budget. Few good ones are Swagat Hotel. Hotel Shiv, etc.

Have a nice trip

Cheers

Get answers to your questions about Bhuj