We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhuj

kolkata
1 post
Save Topic
Bhuj

I will be visiting to Bhuj in 2nd week of January. How many days should to plan . To cover important Places.

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhuj

Plan for say 4 full days. One each for the Rann, Bhuj, Mandvi and West Kutch.

Yokohama, Japan
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bhuj

Hi, I am also planning to visit Bhuj and Dholavira.

I've already booked a hotel for 5 days but am wonder I should extend my stay to enjoy Kutch rural area more.

Can I find a reliable/reasonable driver or a guide to hang around there?

And does anybody know about accommodations in Dholavira?

I found one named "Toran Tourist Complex" through stayzilla. Is it a nice hotel for one or two nights?

Thanks for your help :)

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bhuj

Hi yuko,

5 days are enough for exploring kutch. Yes you can find many guides and drivers but compare rates and pick the best deal. The toran hotel at dholavira is not upto the mark as required so if possible visit dholavira and avoid staying there. Carry lot of food stuff and water when going to dholavira. Have a nice trip.

Cheers.

Yokohama, Japan
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bhuj

Hi Abhay san,

Thanks for info. I was a bit worried about traveling there as it's my first time. ok I will bring a bunch of foods in visiting Dholavira :)

I am planning to stay at Devpur Homestay for one or two night after Bhuj. Do I need to prepare foods and water to get there, too?

Thanks, Yuko

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bhuj

Hi Yuko,

No need to do so for going to Devpur Home Stay. They will take good care of you and it will be a nice experience for you to stay there. Dholavira is very far from bhuj and is located in remote locality so you don't get much shops in last few kilometers journey so its better to carry ample amount of snacks, fruits and water. Nothing to worry other than that. Have a nice trip.

Cheers

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bhuj

Your culinary skills are bound to be better than ours. For sure you should step into our kitchen! :))

Yokohama, Japan
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bhuj

sounds exciting! really looking forward to Gujarati cooking.

Thank you, Krutarth san and Abhay san.

I am packing suitcase with empty tummy :)))

8. Re: Bhuj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Bhuj