We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

Mumbai
5 posts
Save Topic
Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

Hey,

I am planing for a honeymoon trip to Munnar (4D/3N) and Alleppey (4D/3N). As I have never been there, I dont have any idea regarding the hotels and the places to visit.

Please suggest me

Good Hotels (both locations)

Places to visit (both locations)

Also suggest me how to travel between these two cities.

I will be traveling from Mumbai to Kerala by Train.

Which Station will be closer to Munnar? I want to first spend time in Munnar and then in Alleppey and then back to Mumbai

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Kerala
Kerala
India
Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

Hi

I remember seeing an earlier post similar to your plans and some one had adviced that if you are taking a train from Mumbai, it was best to get off at Angamali or Alwaye and take a cab to Munnar.

I'll try an fish out the earlier post on Munnar by a fellow TA member. I thought it had quite a bit of info on hotels.

Rajan

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Mumbai
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

Hey Rajan,

that would be a great help

thanks

chennai
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

Hi

I think there is no direct train to Munnar from Mumbai.You can reach Alleppey from mumbai by the train Netravati Exp (no : 6345).

Nearest railway station to Munnar is Angamaly and Alwaye.Angamaly is the main railway junction in the route of Ernakulam to Trissur route.Both Angamaly and Alwaye are 120 km far away from Munnar.

Cheers

Shiva

www.indiantravelguide.org

Mentioned in this post
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Ernakulam
Ernakulam
Kochi (Cochin), India
chennai
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

Karumadi (village 3 km far) known for the black granite statues,pandavan rock,Krishnapuram palace (47 km south of Alleppey)built in 18th century by the Travancore king well known for the architecture and paintings, are some of the well known sight seeing in Alleppey.

Pathiramannal is the small island found in the Vembanad Lake near Alleppey.This location can be reached only by boat.Also u can watch some different birds.

Alleppey beach is one of the best beaches in Kerala.

A boat cruise along the backwaters of Alleppey is one popular way to experience the entire area, after all, Kerala's network of navigable backwaters covers an amazing 900 kilometers. Honeymooners especially are drawn to the peaceful atmosphere of the waterways.

Cheers

Shiva

www.indiantravelguide.org

Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

Hi Jaiswal

Here is the link . . . .

http://www.hotelsmunnar.com/index.html

The link provides names of the best ones around and you can google specific names for more info, you can even land the hotel websites . . . :-)

I have stayed at Club Mahindara and found it quite good in terms of location and service.

Rajan

India
Level Contributor
390 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

As others have recommended, better to alight at Angamaly or Aluva/Alwaye and take a taxi from there to Munnar and retain the taxi for your entire trip, it will be very convenient. On the way there are plenty of scenic spots to see like plantations, waterfalls and if you are interested you can also visit Kodanad elephant camp and Thattekadu bird sanctuary near Kothamangalam. As Rajan recommends, Mahindra hotel is in Chinnakanal. This area of the Munnar region has the best views as it is ringed by high mountains and overlooks the scenic Anaierangal Lake. Sterling, Fort Munnar and Siena Village are also located in this area, we stayed at Siena and I can heartily recommend it. There are lots of things to see. Close to Chinakanal is the Kolukumalai high altitude tea estate, and you will have to pass the scenic Lockhart Gap road and several lush tea estates to reach Munnar town which is approx. 20km away. You can take a half day trip to Top Station via Madupetty and Kundala lakes, a trip to Eravikulam NP at Rajamalai, or a most scenic day trip to Marayoor and Chinnar with tea estates, deep valleys, high mountains, waterfalls, sandalwood forests, ancient Muniyara dolmens and wildlife sanctuary to see. Buy spices, tea and strawberry jam at Munnar market.

Allepey and Kumarakom are back water trip areas. You can spend an extra day in Munnar and one day less in the backwater region, depending on what you like.

If you post on the message boards of keralatourism.org with return e mail address, you will get competitive estimates from several tour operators of Kerala, some of whom also post here on tripadvisor. You can also go through the boards of indiamike.com for useful information.

If you want to see some photos and read about our recent trip to Munnar region etc, please see: travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

Mentioned in this post
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Chinnakanal
Chinnakanal
Munnar, India
Hotel Fort Munnar
Hotel Fort Munnar
372 Reviews
Chinnakanal, India
The Siena Village
The Siena Village
622 Reviews
Chinnakanal, India
Top Station
Top Station
1,733 Reviews
Munnar, India
Kumarakom
Kumarakom
Kottayam District, India
Kerala
Kerala
India
7. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 16:34
Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

Do not do Munnar first-the railway stations at both Angamali and Alwaye are small ones, and there is a risk that after a longish trip you may not get a decent cab as you come out. Instead, do Alleppey first, and then after arranging a cab there, drive to Munnar and return the way you plan to. It comes to the same in the end-doing one first and then the other!

Mentioned in this post
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Mumbai
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

thank you all for your advice, I have some questions.

Hi Shiva,

I didnt knew there was a direct train to Alleppey. Thanks for tht.

Hi Deepak,

What's the meaning of half borad basis?

Hi Gio1314,

Thanks for ur advise. I may rethink on my plan and will opt for Alleppey first.

Hi Snonymous,

Is 3Night/4Days sufficient for Munnar Trip? So as you advised I think I may consider staying in munnar for a day more as there are lots of places to see.

Hi Rajan,

How about staying in Black Berry Hill Mountain Eco lodges? Is it a good choice?

Hi All,

I was thinking of staying in Black Berry Hill Mountain Eco lodges(3Nights/4Days). Please suggest me if its good.

In Alleppey, I am planning to take a package from COIR VILLAGE (2Night/3Days). What are your suggestions on this?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Mumbai
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning Honeymoon trip to Munnar and Alleppey

is there a train from alleppey to munnar?