We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

London
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

After reading all the reviews, it was suggested that I can take the state bus to Munnar but when I check their website they say they do not cover this route. Can someone pls advise....

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

There's a bus that leaves from the corner near the Paulson Park hotel at 7am. The hotel is a good place to stay and they can help you find the bus.

London
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

Thank you. Can I find any details of the bus on the internet? i.e cost, arrival time etc

Chennai
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

Cochin to Munnar bus is what I am looking for ! I've been to munnar twice already - as far as I know, the distance is short 3-4 hours. Transports don't tend to put on internet or advance booking for such short distance.

Look for where Kerala (KSRTC) buses start at Ernakulam and catch one that suits you. there must be many.

Cochin
Level Contributor
374 posts
4. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

Hi Serenity06,

As indicated above, there are frequent buses to Munnar from Ernakulam KSRTC Bus Stand (terminus). You may please check the exact timings probably one day in advance, at the enquiry counter.

KSRTC Website might not have much info on these buses. Neither there is a prior booking in days advance to the journey. However, on the day of journey, if the buses are found to be crowded, you may approach the counter and collect a coupon (with a seat number printed on it), which you may use to find a seat.

Rates should be between INR 90 to 150 per head.

Foot Note:

Journey to Munnar is decently rough with many bents and hairpins. Would you really wanna make it in public transport bus? A car would be comparatively comfortable; should get one within INR 1500 for the total journey.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

hi,

we recently did Munnar to Cochin.Just arrived at the bus stop 15 minutes early, got a seat and away we went.

No issues completely entertained watching the world go by as we went. Took about 4 hours was not a problem.

Have a good time.

Chris

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
6. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

Hi, I'm planning to go to Cochin around the 24th November 2010 to the 30th for my honeymoon. We will be coming from Delhi so catching a flight to Cochin.

Does anyone know how far the airport is from the Ernakulam bus stand?

also, we won't have a chance to check a day before because we r planning on going straight to Munnar. However, if its all too much, does anyone think its worth staying in cochin for a day. I'm caught in between getting the bus or getting the taxi for the obvious cost/comfort reason. Somebody mentioned the rough roads, but I was told there was a direct highway? Is it really that bad... I have travelled to Manali from UP so I have an experience of pretty bad roads?

We have 5 full days and those wo have been to Munnar, do you think that is more than enough? I'm looking for a relaxed place, however it would be nice if there were activities because we have 5 days.

Also, does anyone recommend hiring a car? and if so, how much roughly would that be?

many thanks.. i'll be so grateful.

7. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 16:37
8. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 August 2010, 15:05
9. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 August 2010, 15:05
10. Re: KSRTC Bus Cochin to Munnar

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 13:05