We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cochin to Munnar Drive

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Cochin to Munnar Drive

please can any of you who have visited Munnar via cochin in a car let me know , whats the good time of the day to drive from cochin to Munnar.

I am planning to hire a car from cochin. I need this information so that i can accordingly book my train/bus tickets from Bangalore.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

Start after breakfast, you will reach Munnar by Lunch.

Or

Start after lunch. You will reach before sunset.

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

Thanks Indu,

I guess the nature is at its best between breakfast and lunch then :)

Des Plaines...
Level Contributor
284 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

Hi rbk170411,

As you are coming from Bangalore, get down at Aluva (station code: AWY) / Angamaly (station code: AFK) and get a cab from there. These are the nearest stations to Munnar.

Warm Regards,

TT_Chennai

Des Plaines...
Level Contributor
284 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

Early morning trip (start by 6:00 from Cochin / either of the places) will be much more comfortable and enjoyable. Also the traffic will be very less.

Best Regards,

TT_Chennai

5. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 April 2012, 08:35
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

Hi Kannan Nair

How much do you charge for to and fro from cochin to Munnar. I am visiting munnar on 19th April and will be staying there for 3 nights. will want to have the car for 3 nights at my disposal for site seeing.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

Is there a direct train to Munnar from Coimbatore?

Cochin
Level Contributor
369 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

Munnar is a Hill station and doesn't have a rail service .You need to pick a cab from coimbatore .Coimbatore to Munnar is around 160 KMS and would be around 4.5 hours.

Cochin
Level Contributor
369 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

Hi Lalit

Approximate cost for A/C Indica will be Rs.6000-6500 for 03 Nights and 04 Days package Inclusive of Driver bata,Toll ,Paring and taxes

Edited: 18 April 2012, 14:05
Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cochin to Munnar Drive

What is the closest rail station to Munnar?