We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in 3 days

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit in 3 days

Please suggest the must-see places to visit in Munnar. I have 3 full days in Munnar in first week of May. I will be driving my own vehicle. Looking for lush green nature and wildlife. I am not into historic stuff or temples.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

Please read my trip report here. Else, i will simply be repeating myself:

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g303881-i9231-k4996…

Worthwhile driving to Bison valley.

Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is what I missed while there. If you google, you get lots of blogs and trip reports. Look for a contributor by the name of Snonymous on TA itself. I think she posts by the same name on IndiaMike too. She has written about Chinnar. She writes great stuff, is very knowledgeable, independent and unbiased.

It is going to be a great trip, I can see. Try the Team-Bhp forums also for drives to Munnar.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

Go to Kundala Dam instead of Mattupetty.

Munnar, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

Hi there

Kindly refer below details also

Cheyyapara ,valara water falls (on the way From cochin)

Nayamakkadu Waterfall

Attukadu water Falls

Pallivasal Tea estate

Mattupetty Dam

Photo point

Echo point

Kundala Dam

Eravikulam National Park

Forest Garden

Pothamedu view point

Tata Tea Mueseum

Gap road

Lock Heart Gap

Devikulam

Blossom park

Old Munnar

With Regards

Team Munnar Tour Guide

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

My opinion of Mattupetty is that it is overcrowded and has fallen prey to the problems sometimes associated with a tourist attraction. Echo Point is simply not worth it. I have done a review. There are other reviews too.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

hi,

the above Munnar tour guide itinerary is good . Chinnear wild life sanctuary is situated 60km from munnar in the day time less chance to get animals .now there started night safari in wild life. we are getting good feed back from the costumer .try that also.

regards

kerala dayz

Edited: 12 April 2012, 10:22
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

hi,

the above Munnar tour guide itinerary is good . Chinnear wild life sanctuary is situated 60km from munnar in the day time less chance to get animals .now there started night safari in wild life. we are getting good feed back from the costumer .try that also.

regards

kerala dayz

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

Will there be any water during early May in those waterfalls mentioned?

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

That depends on summer rains. Summer rains can be expected on evenings during April and May. If it rains you can expect water in those water falls.

Best Regards,

TT_Chennai

9. Re: Places to visit in 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:41