We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

Dear friends,I have booked my flight tkts on 9th June and return 17th June.From Hyd to Coimbature.

I have not planned the rest.I want to visit Munnar,-tekkady,kodai->coimbature,--ooty.

THe only reason i amcoming back tocoimbature is i amtravelling with kids where they are not intrested to travel on Road.

1)Now my question is what is the best hotel in Munnar(Budget and family ..need 3 rooms)

2) is 2 days good in munnar?

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
841 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

Hi

Welcome to TA. Budget hotels you can try Bellmount Resorts, Green Ridge or Marthoma Retreat.

If you have 3 Nights at Munnar, you would be able to cover all the places.

Please carry umbrella with you, as it is Monsoon season.

Have a great time in Munnar

Regards

Sam

Groowynd Holidays

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

3 star catergary good hotels in Munnar - las palms / westwood riverside / gate way hotel Munnar etc 1500 to 2000 range , Thekkady- silver crest / periyar medows / sandra palace -same range , Kodaikanal- Kodai resort/ Jj residency etc, OOTTy - lake view / medows residency , etc

please book earlier for all hotels

regards

satheesh

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

Hi SurajDaddy

2 days are good enough for Munnar. But, be prepared for Monsoon rains.

Suresh P R

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

Thanks for the reponses...

Do I need to stay in Munnar or Thekkady.?Till now i am assuming that stay in munnar and cover all the places like thekkady as well..

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

When you say three days in munnar,Youmean including Thekkadi

My plan is to reach munnar by 9th night and take rest

10th morning site seeingmunnar and go back to hotel 10th stay night

11th travel to thekkadi and shall I come back to Munnar or travel to Kodai directly from Thekkadi?

I have 6 nights 7 days..Please help me to plan for the stay in hotelsfor the below destination:

Munnar-

Thekkadi-

Kodai-

Ooty-

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

Dear sir

You had chose the best routes from Coimbatore to Munnar you are travelling through chinnar wildlife sanctuary and the best area to spot wild animals ,You can also cover the world famous Marayoor sandal wood forest in this route.

But please avoid this route during night times as their may be elephants in the road

My suggestion is to start with otty before munnar

Day 01 Arrival at coimbatore and night stay at otty

Day 02 otty overnight stay

Day 3 t-ransfer from otty to munnar over night stay at Munnar

( Have look at Chinnar sanctuary)

Travel tips carry rain costumes and jackets must Purchase tea powder from

Tatta tea outlets close to Tea factories

Day 4 - overnight at Munnar

Day 05-Transfer to Thekkady overnight stay (Munnar- thekkady is 110 KMS )

Travel tip -Have food from Ambady hotel Thekkady must try & Elephant ride at elephant Junction, u will get the best spices Cardamom and pepper from the spice markets at Thekkady.Eveaning boating is advicable.

Day 06-Transfer to kodai ( Have a look at Garape wine yards of Cumbam on the way)

Day 07 Transfer to Madurai Airport/Kodai road RW stationsn

Heavenly holidays cochin

Travel tips General by heavenly holidays

Banks

All nationalized banks are open for transaction from 10:00 to 14:00 hrs on weekdays and 10:00 to 12:00 hrs on Saturdays. Most of the private banks provide transaction services between 8 AM to 8 PM.

Travel Wear

Cotton outfits, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen lotion are the best clothing to carry to Kerala. Carry an umbrella at all times if you do not like getting wet with sudden spells of showers.

Credit Cards

Most hotels, restaurants, shopping centers, and malls honor major credit cards.

Currency

Like all other parts of India, Indian Rupee (INR) is the prevalent currency in Kerala.

Food

Since Kerala is one of the most famous tourist destinations in India, all major restaurants and hotels offer a variety of cuisines including continental, Chinese, Indian, and traditional Kerala dishes to relish.

Water

While traveling in Kerala, it is recommended that you drink bottled water or drinking water from houses/restaurants. It is advisable not to consume water from slow moving streams, lakes, or dams. Mineral water is available in sealed bottles almost everywhere.

Ayurvedic Treatment

Kerala is well known for Ayurveda and Ayurvedic treatment centers and if you wish to undergo Ayurvedic treatment, it is very important to ensure that you go to an authorized and genuine center only.

Wildlife Sanctuaries

Prior permission has to be obtained from the concerned authority of the sanctuary before visiting.

Smoking

Smoking is banned in public places of Kerala.

Emergency Numbers

Police Control Room: 100

Fire Station: 101

Ambulance: 102

Police Helpline

While traveling on highways: 9846100100

While traveling in railways: 9846200100

7. Re: Travelling to munnar from Coimbature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:41