We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College tour 4 days to Kerala

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dindigul, India
10 posts
Save Topic
College tour 4 days to Kerala

hi,

please check out the plan and kindly advise regarding the plan

Day 1

Leaving Madurai at 3:00 AM

Reaching Thekkady (sight seeing ) ...

head to Munnar [HALT]

Day 2

Munnar sightseeing

camp fire [halt]

Day 3

Rajamalai

head to athirapally falls

head to cochin

[halt]

day4

Veegaland

head to Madurai

please advice me if there is any changes to be done.

Thanks,

Ruban

Munnar, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

If you are going to athirappally after the Rajamalai sightseeing definitely you can't reach athirappally in right time. Either you can go directly to athirappally or avoid athirappally!!!!!!!!!!!

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

Doing too much in too less time... Restrict the number of places and rejoice, instead of running around... You would not enjoy by being always on the run and you would reach destinations at very odd times and would have to rework always...

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
836 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

Hi

Suggest doing Munnar, Athirapally and Veega Land.

I agree with Prasanna's point of view.

Regards

Sam

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

@ prasanna and Sam

i think that is way the college excursions are done :)

doing too much in too little time

you see college excursions as far as wayanad- mysore - bangalore - hyderabad and back in 4 days time !!

high energetic and enthusiastic when the trip starts and almost like logs by the end

5. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2017, 06:30
Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
836 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

Agree with you Neenu.. But it is too demanding on them and may not enjoy it. We have seen college/school groups doing Delhi-Agra-Amritsar in 4 days and complaining, we should have had at least 01 more day..

Regards

Sam

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

Can't agree more with you Neenu Raj... But this itinerary seems very demanding even after considering the college energy levels. My only concern here is that, as we are aware travelling time in Kerala is normally high and that too in this monsoon season, it is going to even take longer. They would arrive at destinations very late into the night and would definitely end up restructuring the plan enroute adding to the confusion and missing out on important places. Instead, if they have a less aggressive and well planned tour, they might enjoy it much more and they can always add to it enroute if they feel, they have the requisite time at their disposal.

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

you are absolutely right , Prasanna and Sam. i too have the same opinion

i was just mentioning that it is quite common and one funny thought that goes in the mind when we also did it is , to do more destinations and places than the other batch mates have done !!

so we ended up doing the same

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

to save money , we ends up thinking to sleep in buses while travelling between destinations and on reaching the next destination, find a place to refresh and start your day tour

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: College tour 4 days to Kerala

Interesting Neenu Raj... I am also reminded of my college trips to Ooty, Kodai and Kovalam. The funniest part is that the bus arranged for the Kodai trip didn't turn and we took the Govt bus to Kodai, stayed in TTDC dormitory and did the entire sight seeing using bicycles... lol... Those old days...

Get answers to your questions about Munnar