We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ernakulam to Munnar by bus

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
817 reviews
Save Topic
Ernakulam to Munnar by bus

Hi,

I'll be travelling to Munnar by bus from Ernakulam. My guidebooks says that there are 2 bus stands in Ernakulam for buses to Munnar: KSRTC and the other one close to the train station (south bus stand?). Is there any real difference in prices or comfort? Or maybe frequency of buses? Can anyone help me on that?

kashpir_pl

Bangalore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ernakulam to Munnar by bus

Hi Kashpir,

If you are coming via Thrissur I would suggest you get down at a place by name "Aluva". There is a "municipal private bus stand" very close to the highway and in the morning there are private buses to Munnar every 30 minutes till 9:30. Also, in Aluva there is a KSRTC bus stand as well and there are buses to Munnar direction in the morning. (frequency is less)

Or if you are planing to get down only at Ernakulam, then you can either go to KSRTS bus station (very close to south railway station) or there is a place where private buses will be parked. The private bus location I am not very sure, but as far as I know it was near to BTH hotel. You can catch an auto and ask hiim to go to BTH hotel if you want to catch a private bus. Frequency of KSRTC buses to Munnar is very low.

In my experience, there isn't much difference between KSRTC and private buses to Munnar. The only difference I felt is that the private buses do breakneck speeds :-)

Bus charge is same for private and KSRTC buses.

Regards,

Roy

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
817 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ernakulam to Munnar by bus

Thanks for the info. I'll be coming from Kozhikode and staying overnight in Ernakulam, so I'll try to check these private buses if KSRTC buses to Munnar are not frequent.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ernakulam to Munnar by bus

If you are coming from Kozhikode, you can also get down at Angamaly KSRTC bus station and go to Munnar directly instead of to Ernakulam. the journey may be long but you can stay for night at Munnar instead of Ernakulam

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ernakulam to Munnar by bus

hi

it's better look for KSRTC bus..

Kerala Road Transport (KSRTC) operates buses to Munnar from KSRTC Bus stand from 5:30 am to 3:00 pm, every 40 minutes.

Morning : 5:20 AM, 6 AM, 6:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 8:30 AM, 10 AM

Afternoon : 12 Noon, 12:40 PM, 1:40 PM,

Evening : 3 PM, 5 PM, 5:40 PM

KSRTC Bus stand at Ernakulam is a kilometer away from Ernakulam Junction reachable by pre paid autorickshaw.

Ordinary buses (not air conditioned) ply between Ernakulam and Munnar covering the distance in about 5 hours, most of it over hilly terrain.

If your train stops at Aluva, please get down at Aluva and board bus to Munnar from Aluva. Not reaching Ernakulam city will save you an hour and the bother of rickshaw ride from junction to bus stand. All buses from Ernakulam to Munnar go via Aluva thus frequency of bus at Aluva is same as that at Ernakulam.

You cannot book Ernakulam to Munnar bus in advance online, though you can buy token for the next bus once you reach KSRTC Ernakulam bus stand.

5. Re: Ernakulam to Munnar by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2013, 19:59
6. Re: Ernakulam to Munnar by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 07:18