We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advise

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Trip Advise

I want to visit Kochi and nearby places during Diwali (2nd to 4th)... pls advise me... it is of a 4 days trip with my parents... from Delhi.

munnar
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advise

HI

COCHIN- MUNNAR(2N) - ALLEPPY(1N) –COCHIN

Day 01 : Cochin – Munnar

Arrival at Cochin Airport/Railwy Station and drive to Munnar, Munnar's mesmerising greenery, mountain scenery, calmness and cool refreshing air attracts honeymooners and tourists throughout the year. It is a weekend hideout location for domestic tourists during summer season. Watch the spectacular beauty of Tea Gardens. Enjoy the nature, where the cloud turns into mist, which may touch you with a romantic feeling. The Cab will stop many of the places on the way to enjoy the beautiful nature.on arrival check into Hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight stay in Munnar.

Day 02 : Munnar sight seeing

After breakfast proceeding to Munnar Sightseeing – visit flower garden,photo point,honeybee nest,elephant ride,mattupetty dam,echo point and Eravikulam National Park. Overnight stay in Munnar.

Day 03 : Munnar – Alleppey

After breakfast proceed to alleppey. Check-in at the houseboat which will take you to enjoy the magic of Alleppey by going on a Houseboat (Kettuvallam) cruise across the backwaters. Enjoy the backwaters of Kerala by getting a glimpse of the village life at close quarters; a unique and unforgettable experience. (Check in time 12.30 PM – A/C will be operating from 9.00 PM to 6.00 AM) Enjoy the sunset & stay overnight on the house boat. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included. Overnight stay in Alleppey.

Day 04 : Alleppey – Cochin

After breakfast check out from Houseboat. With lot of memories, Friendship & Thousands of Photograph. The Cab Will Drop you at Cochin Airport.

MUNNARCARS

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advise

Thanks a Lot !!

I will go for this travel plan .... can you pls guide how to book hotels / houseboats and cabs boat for this entire travel period... because my parents are aged... so I want to book it before the travel.... is there any tavel agency or package.... which one is best option to book all by own or to go for a travel package...

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advise

Hi,

Cochin- Munnar- Munnar -Alleppey_Cochin is a good plan for spending 4 days.You can start and end your tour from Cochin.

Since you are coming with your aged parents, we encourage you to book things like cab and accommodation beforehand.

Wish you a nice vacation.

Cheers,

Arun

Team Experience Kerala

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
836 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advise

Hi

You can also consider Kochi-Munnar-Thekkady-Kochi or Kochi-Munnar-Athirapally-Kochi, if you are not keen on backwaters.

It will be better to book your accommodation and cab in advance to have a comfortable trip and avoid last minute confusions.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd Holidays

5. Re: Trip Advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 11:53
Bangalore
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advise

I suggest Munnar and Allepey.

Two nights at Munnar and Two nights Allepey

Thekkady is not worth to go unless if you like trekking in Jungle and staying night in Jungle. Please check my below blog for details.

http://mysouthindiatrips.blogspot.in/

Delhi
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advise

Hello,

I would like to suggest you some must see places near Kochi.

Fort Kochi beach

St. Francis Church, Fort Kochi

Vasco House, Fort Kochi

Santa Cruz Basilica, Fort Kochi

Jewish Synagogue and Jew Town, Mattancherry

Dutch Palace (Mattancherry Palace), Mattancherry

Bolghatty Palace, Bolghatty Island

Hill Palace, Tripunithura

Palliport (Pallipuram) Fort

Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary

Museum of Kerala History

Parikshith Thampuran Museum

These places are some of the places where I think you must visit to make your trip more enjoyable.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2,988 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advise

Do-it-yourself is the best way to travel.

Its not much difficult to travel by yourself.

You can book a car for the entire trip as you have sought.

Hotel are the only thing to be booked as there aren't many attractions at all places except in Munnar and Thekkady.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Advise

If I make the travel plan for 5 days then is it possible to cover Fort Kochi ?

Day 1: by Afternoon I'll be arrived @ Munnar

Day 2: Munnar sight scene visit ( is 1 day enough for sight seeing)

Day 3 & 4 : Munnar to Aleppy - Arrival at Aleppy by 1 pm ... 2 Night Stay at Houseboat

Day 5 : Aleppy to Kochi - Fort Kochi.. [ now question is how much time it takes to come from Aleppy to Kochi? After coming to Kochi ... is it possible to visit the Fort Kochi in rest of the days? my departure flight is @ 8 pm so I have to arrive at airport by max 7 pm...

Edited: 31 August 2013, 11:29
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Advise

Is it a rainy season for Kochin & Munnar ... as I am visiting 1st week of November...