We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on Kochi-Munnar-Thekkady-Kochi trip

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Questions on Kochi-Munnar-Thekkady-Kochi trip

Hello

I am planning a trip (6 days / 5 nights) with my family (including 3 kids between 7 and 14 yrs of age) to Kochi - Munnar - Thekaddy.

Below is my plan. Please advise on the itinerary and also share information / tips

Day 1 - Land around noon in Kochi; Proceed to Munnar; Night of Day 1 - stay in Munnar

Day 2 - Stay in Munnar

Day 3 - after lunch proceed to Thekaddy

Spend day 3 evening and till evening of Day 4 in Thekaddy

Proceed Day 4 evening to Kochi

Day 5 - spend in Kochi

Day 6 - leave around noon

After reading about Allepy and the boat houses, I am leaning toward avoiding Allepy (kids getting bored + mosquitos etc.) Please share your thoughts

I am planning to rent an Innova (with driver) for the time I am in Kerala.

Overall, please advise on the itinerary. Also, if you have good tips for an innova rental, please share

Thank you

VVGBS

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Questions on Kochi-Munnar-Thekkady-Kochi trip

Hi Aashish

you may include a maximum of 3 days each in wayanad and munnar.mainly wild life is in wayanad area while munnar is a scenic location.both have many spots to spend 3 full days.

1 day in thekkady which include boating and some wild life watching.dont expect much in thekkady

1 day you can do houseboat ( either day cruise or with overnight cruise) either in kumarakom or alapuzha

With regards

Arun

12. Re: Questions on Kochi-Munnar-Thekkady-Kochi trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22