We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munnar - after the sightseeing is over...

Israel
Level Contributor
107 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Munnar - after the sightseeing is over...

I've read good recommendations for this Ripples N Rocks HRipples homestay. can anyone tell me if the place is centrally located? as we plan to be a few days in Munnar- are we better off staying in the city? is this hotel within walking distance of things to do in the evening? is it safe and OK to walk around Munnar after dark? thanks. Linda

Arlington, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Munnar - after the sightseeing is over...

Hi Linda. I am actually staying at Ripples N Rocks right now. My husband and I have been here for two nights. If you want to relax this is a great place to be. We took a tuk tuk ride yesterday to go into town and around the area a bit. Today we just walked nearby along the river and met some of the locals that are very friendly. Most of the guests stay here for the family style dinner, as it's not walking distance to places to go at night and the food is delicious! I would stay here again!

Edited: 27 January 2014, 12:30
Israel
Level Contributor
107 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munnar - after the sightseeing is over...

Arlington, Virginia- thanks for all the information. that was helpful. just to take advantage of your presence there - hows the weather at nights and early mornings. cold? any other suggestions for our visit to the area. have a great trip

Arlington, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Munnar - after the sightseeing is over...

The weather has been wonderful! Warm (but not too hot) during they day and cool (but not cold) at night. We were just saying over dinner that the weather has been perfect! I haven't been up really early but I think a light jacket would be good for the early morning. The Tea Museum is good to go see (closed on Monday's though). As you drive around you'll see nice views too. Enjoy!

Israel
Level Contributor
107 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Munnar - after the sightseeing is over...

thanks so much

5. Re: Munnar - after the sightseeing is over...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 07:18