We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munnar visit- most of the visit

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Munnar visit- most of the visit

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a trip to Kerala and wanted your expert inputs. it is for 4n/5D.

Day 1 -I will be reaching kochin airport at 1PM and then heading straight to Munnar, though still contemplating local kochin site seeing on the way.- Please suggest on it.

There after- in Munnar for 2 nights. and leaving for Thekkady on 3rd day.

I understand time in munnar is limited and I want to make most of it.

Please suggest a appropriate location,- hotel names in munnar, so that by staying at that location I can cover max tourist spots in and around Munnar.

D1- Munnar arrival 5-6 PM

D2- Munnar

D3- Departure around 8-9 AM from MUnnar to Thekkady.

Thanks in advance.

Bharat

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
997 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Munnar visit- most of the visit

Hi,

You can see Lulu mall in kochi or Marine Drive or Fort Kochi depeding on time and also there is a waterfall on the way to munnar from kochi.

In munnar you can stay at Munnar Inn which is well located in middle of town and cover ross garden, photo point, echo point, mattupetty dam, tea gardens and Musuem, Eravikulam National park etc. Must dine at the famous Sarvana Bhavan Restaurant in munnar and go early in morning (6.30 or 7) to avoid long waiting in ques of tickets at eravikulam national park and also for periyar forest reserve at thekkady. Don't miss the Kerilian Marshal arts show and kathakali at thekkady.. Have a nice trip.

Cheers

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munnar visit- most of the visit

Hi,

* On the way to munnar,you can visit vallara water falls,cheeyapara falls and spice plantation.

*you will get only 1 full day for sight seeing in munnar.even 3 days full is not enough to cover every part of munnar,its highly recommended to spend 2 full days in munnar.

*you may even avoid thekkady visit because of time constrain.periyar wild life visiting in boating will not offer much wild life soght seeing.you can visit elephant junction and mudra martial arts in thekkady

Enjoy your stay in kerala.. :)

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Munnar visit- most of the visit

This will helps you in munnar itinerary and sight seeing options

tripadvisor.com/…56101748

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Munnar visit- most of the visit

Hi Bharat Gupta,

As said in the previous posts, try to spend minimum 2 days at Munnar. This is required to cover almost all the important sightseeing places there.

Cover Thekkady within one day or else opt for a one day houseboat cruise.

Enjoy Cochin sightseeing on the first & last days, as time permits.

Cheers,

Arun

Travelers Point | Team Experience Kerala

5. Re: Munnar visit- most of the visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:19