We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Munnar in October.

Pune
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Munnar in October.

Hello:

I will be staying at Sterling for 7 days since I get free stay through a club. If I stay at Munnar, will I be able to cover Allepy, Kumarakom, Kovalam and Kanyakumari. I can spend on air if I have to go to these places.

Please advice.

thanks!

Ashjos

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,236 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Munnar in October.

Hi

you cant do day trip to any of the places listed.eventhe nearest place is more than 100km.best to stay and do sightseeing in munnar for 4 days.spend 1 day each at other locations and stay there.you may check for some budget hotels there.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
11,766 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Munnar in October.

Staying at Munnar and doing any of the places you have mentioned above is out of question. Only places you can do together is Alleppey and Kumarakom. For all other places, you will have to stay at the respective places.

Check whether Sterling got accommodation in any of those places.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Munnar in October.

no its not possible

Kollam, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Munnar in October.

Hello,

The place you like to visit and the place you prefer to stay are some far locations. Better to stay in Munnar and spend some days and feel the beauty. The places you mentioned to visit are good tourist spots and any travelers didn't wish to miss those places, unfortunately no air service to this places too. and around 100km difference from Each places too.

Its better to ask sterling for any other place to stay which comfortable for you.

Thank you

Haris. A

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Munnar in October.

Hi Ashjos,

Below is the driving time between the destinations ( one way non stop with normal traffic )

Munnar to Kumarakom - 4 Hours

Munnar to Alleppey - 5 Hours

Munnar to Kovalam - 8 Hours

Munnar to Kanyakumari - 10 Hours

Munnar to Thekkady - 3 Hours

Munnar to Ernakulam - 4 Hours

I think what you could do as a day trip it Thekkady , but again you have to think how much time you get to see around after driving 3 hours up and then 3 hours for return

so as suggested above , see if you get to stay at any other sterling property as part of the package

6. Re: Visiting Munnar in October.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:17