We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munnar Itinerary

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Munnar Itinerary

Hi everyone,

I am from Delhi and planning to visit Munnar soon. Have heard that it is a magnificent and must visit destination. I am planning to stay for 4 days so please help me in planning an itinerary based on

1) Best time to visit. How to reach Munnar from Cochin. Should I hire a taxi from Airport or contact the hotel for pick and drop.

2) Places to visit.

3) Hotel recommendations in affordable budget

4) For sight seeing should I contact the hotel or hire a taxi from outside sources.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Munnar Itinerary

Hi Psinha

The best time for munnar visit is from october to february.its better to hire a cab in advance to travel from cochin to munnar and to do all sight seeing.you may post a query in kerala tourism websites message board to get some competatives quotes.The best place to stay will be at chinnakanal area.

Day wise itinerary for you are

Hiyou can see almost all sightseeing places in munnar in 4 days

Day-1- Mattupetty Direction-Flower Garden,Photo Point,Honey Tree,Mattupetty dam-boating,Shooting point,Echo point,Kundala lake,Top Station

Day-2 Eravikulam national park,Afternoon-Tata tea museum,Evening-watching martial arts& kathakali

Day-3-Pothenmedu areaView point,Head work dam,Blosom park,Old munnarAfternoon-Chinnakanal areaDevikulam,Lock heart view point,Elephant arrival point,Anayirankal dam

Day-4 -Full day trekking to meesapulimala & kolukumalai

If time permits visit

Day-1 -Indo Swiss Project

Day-2-Chinnar wild life,Lakkam & thoovanam falls,sandal wood forest

Day-3-Pallivasal tea estate, Attukad falls

2. Re: Munnar Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 14:35
3. Re: Munnar Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Munnar