We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cochin to Kolukkumalai by taxi

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cochin to Kolukkumalai by taxi

Hi,

I am planning to travel from Fort Cochin to Kolukkumalai Tea Estate by taxi. The hotel in Kolukkumalai can do a jeep transfer either from Suryanelly (the village at the foot of the mountain to Kolukkumalai) for Rs 1300 or from Munnar town for Rs 2200. My question is how much would a taxi cost from Fort Cochin to Munnar (3hrs drive) / Suryanelly (5hrs drive) and would it be cheaper to get picked up from Munnar or Suryanelly as offered by our hotel?

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cochin to Kolukkumalai by taxi

Fortcochin to Munnar would be roughly 150 KMS one way , so a Tata Indica cab could cost you Rs 3500 for the transfer

FortCochin to Suryanelli could br approx 175 KMS one way , so a Tata Indica would cost you approx Rs 4000 for the transfer

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,222 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cochin to Kolukkumalai by taxi

you should get it a taxi to munnar for around rs 3000/- if could negotiate with operators.

why cant you check with your hotel itself for this rate ?

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cochin to Kolukkumalai by taxi

i would suggest to get you picked up from Suryanelli

4. Re: Cochin to Kolukkumalai by taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 07:16