We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Italy
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Topic
luggage deposit

Hello!

I wonder if there is a luggage deposit or a place where to leave my baggage while I'm doing a one day tour of Amritsar? Perhaps in the train station or airport?

Thank you for the help.

Bye!

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luggage deposit

hi,

not sure bout a cloak room or luggage check in (haven't done it ever)but they do have retiring room and so i am assuming that they will have a luggage room. one place i am def bout is the golden temple you can check your luggage there they will give you a token, just make sure wherever you check ur luggage you dnt leave anythin of any major value(passport cash cards laptop camera jewelery etc).just dont loose your token cause tht means you loose ur stuff...

Kovalam, India
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: luggage deposit

Hi

The airport may have a left luggage point where you can leave items but do try and take your valuables with you.

It would also be advisable to take a good padlock from your home country to be extra safe. Local padlocks sometimes tend to be very cheap and not very strong.

Regards

Paul

Happy Children's Home - Helper

Italy
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: luggage deposit

Hi guys!

Thank you for the help. I'll bear in mind your advice.

I'll fly to Amritsar arriving at morning and i'm going to leave at evening by train. Maybe it's better to use the luggage room of golden temple, isn't it? Otherwise i should go back to the airport to collect my baggage before to go to the train station.

May you tell me if golden temple has a true luggage room or there are a kind of lockers? May i leave my backpack there while i have stroll around Amritsar or i have to take it out when i'll leave the temple?

Thank you very much!

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luggage deposit

hi...

1. Maybe it's better to use the luggage room of golden temple, isn't it? Otherwise i should go back to the airport to collect my baggage before to go to the train station.

Its better if you leave it at golden temple cause the airport is like 15 km's from the city and well not really on your way to the train station.

do you have a confirmed train ticket cause if you do you can stop by the train station on your way into the city and well find out if they have a cloak/luggage room (i think you need a confirmed ticket to use the facilities there)...

2.May you tell me if golden temple has a true luggage room or there are a kind of lockers? May i leave my backpack there while i have stroll around Amritsar or i have to take it out when i'll leave the temple?

Well it doesnt really have lockers, you have an attendant who takes your luggage puts it in your allotted space/rack and well gives you a token. It works this way for us regular ppl (Indians), but there could be a little diff procedure for special ppl (in dis case Italian). you can leave it there as long as you have your token to take it back...there is no time limit per say but the general rule of thumb would be say return for it after 5-6 hrs...enuf time to roam bout the city...please please please dont leave nothin of ny value behind...but its a must for all (regular and special) ppl to not leave nythin of value behind.

p.s. the regular /special ppl reference is a joke cause usually most of us Indians are really fascinated with/by foreigners...so out of tht fascination sometimes we overcharge and sometimes we go out of our way to help...nythin else feel free to drop in a query.

Italy
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: luggage deposit

Hi indian-jones!

Thank you for the advices.

I already got the train ticket. I think that to stop on the station and to look for the luggage room it's a good suggestion. I don't think to waste my time doing it.

You can be sure that i'm not going to leave nothing of value within my backpack. thank you for your advice.

Is it true that there isn't any bus service between airport and city? Do i have to take a taxi?

You don't need to explain about regular/special people. It's the same here with tourists, and if they are nice girls then we stop to do everything to meet them...hahaha.

thank for the hand.

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: luggage deposit

Unfortunately its tru there isnt any bus frm da airport to the city or rather thr isnt anybus to anywhr in da city frm any whr in da city...no public transport (city based that is)...so yes you will need to hire a cab...you can go for a prepaid one at the airport or order one on the phone 5151515 (20 mins waitin). In case you do (at da last minute) plan to stop by the train station to check out the luggage room make sure you tell the driver of the cab to take you to the station first and then onwards to Golden temple or whr ever you plan to go

and well i tot i might explain myself than u knw offend you and by the way, we are nice and drop everything for girls and boys- well not so much for guys...hahaha.

drop a word for nythin else

Aman

Italy
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: luggage deposit

Great! I got the information i was looking for.

Thanks for your kind help.

Whether i need something more you may be sure that i'll drop a word...hehehe

Cheers!! Federico.

8. Re: luggage deposit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Amritsar