We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parade at waga border

Which Amritsar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ahmedabad, India
1 post
Save Topic
parade at waga border

reaching amritsar at 0130am 0n 24.08.11 with group of 23 adults(5ladies+18 gents)

planning to go waga border for parade pl any body suggest the best way to visit

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parade at waga border

the best bet will be to engage a local taxi for the same. you can find them outside the railway station and also can get more info through the hotel where you might be staying. I wish there was a more organised way of commuting to there but private taxi is your best option. Also feel free to haggle. I doubt you will be able to get any single vehicle to accommodate all the passenger - you might have to break into smaller units. But do try ur luck u nvr knw maybe the hotel can arrange a mini-bus. Private taxi's outside the railway station.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: parade at waga border

Try to go to Wagah on a weekday. Make sure that you are not carrying any bags as these are not allowed inside.

As above, you can arrange for private taxis through Hotel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parade at waga border

Hi manchanda, I went to the Wagah Border ceremony a few days after the Indian independence day and the place was packed. Apparently it often gets like that and even in a week day you may get thousands of Indians turning up to watch every evening.

As you are a large group, I would recommend you try and organise this through an agent in Amritsar who may have access to mini buses or coaches. The border is only 20 kms from Amritsar in one straight road but if you get taxis, you'd need at least 6. Plus when you actually get to the gate there is going to be a mad rush and men and women are going to be separated.

It's an interesting ceremony to watch however so I wish you luck!

Shelley

…wordpress.com/2011/…

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parade at waga border

giving below number of a travel agent - they might help you in arranging a mini bus for your travels in Amritsar

Hare Krishna travels(Amritsar)- 09815575724

London, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parade at waga border

Here's my husband's report on our trip to the Wagah Border - …wordpress.com/2011/…

Shelley

6. Re: parade at waga border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 16:17