We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amritsar hotel

california
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
amritsar hotel

Could I get a recommendation for the closest hotel to the Golden Temple, preferably walking distance,preferably a luxury hotel

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
346 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amritsar hotel

Amritsar doesn't have that many luxury hotels and I don't think any walking distance to Golden Temple. Best in my opinion in Amritsar is Ista. It's around 10 min by car/taxi to Golden Temple. The hotel also has shuttle service at pre determined timings if i remember right thrice a day. All you need to do is to inform the reception few hours in advance as to how many people would need the shuttle.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,888 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amritsar hotel

berman

You may try the following hotels on Queens Road, which is about 2 kms from the Golden Temple – R.V.Continental, Queens Land, Namaskar Residency, Kishore Castle,Hong Kong Inn, Shiraj Regency.

Edited: 11 July 2012, 09:11
Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amritsar hotel

closest and luxury - ISTA hotel.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amritsar hotel

@Amritsar Hotel ishan villa - is that good hotel to stay . I have seen not much review on TA

If any one stayed there please let me know

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amritsar hotel

closest luxury hotel would be the coutnry inn by carlson on Queens road about 2 kms away from Golden temple where as Ista is about 5-6 kms from the Golden temple

6. Re: amritsar hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2013, 10:15