We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing for Wagah Border

Which Amritsar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Timing for Wagah Border

Hi everyone

I will be reaching Amritsar by flight around 4pm and i have a return journey to jaipur from Amritsar station at 6 pm in next day. My questions are:

1) Can i start my journey to wagah border to attend the ceremony after 4pm from airport? If so then what will be the best way to go there and how much will it cost?

2) Can I take my luggage to there as I will be directly going to border?

3) After ending of ceremony will i get a cab for returning near golden temple?

Please reply anyone as soon as possible.

Thank you..

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,077 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

Hi !

If you are reaching Amritsar Airport @ 16:00 hrs ... it seems little too tight. The crowds start gathering after 14:00 hrs and by the time you reach, all vantage positions have gone ... may be there will be no place to enter after 17:00 hrs.

As regards, the luggage you can safe-keep in the parking area and walk, The distance is more than 500 meters from the parking area.

Public Transport is available after the ceremony, which will get over around 18:30 or so.

CarLink

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

Hi

Then according to you its of no worth to go there after 4pm. So I have to skip wagah border in this tour :( ..

Anyway Thanks a lot for your fruitful response and all the valuable info.

3. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2016, 23:00
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

Yeah that is very unfortunate. I will not be able to attend it. Anyway Thank you so much for replying.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,077 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

Better Luck.. Next Time.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

Yep CarLinkMumbai :-)

Tinsukia, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

Hi!

I have just returned from Amritsar (Last Week) and have found the entire Wagah Border Parade to be very amusing. Its better you watch the videos online or you get CD near Jalinwala Bagh because the place is so overcrowded that its not worth the travel.

So my suggestion is drop the idea of visiting it .... Rather spend some more time in Golden Temple.

Best of Luck

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

Hello #SaileshSarmah,

That's really a great information for me. Now I am satisfied with the tour inspite of Wagah Border. Thanks a lot for assuring.... :-)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
119 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

Hi Sushmita!!

ur really gonna miss the Wagah Border Experience. Better Luck next time though!! :| There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in what you see in a CD and what you experience live. Do keep it in ur todo's list !! :)

Enjoy!

10. Re: Timing for Wagah Border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:15