We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

San Francisco...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

I really want to get to Bharatpur from Delhi. As a female traveling alone, I would like to get a car rather than bus. How can i arrange transport from Delhi? Is it possible to get to/from in one day? Should I spend two if I want to see the most birds? If I spend two days, where should I stay and how would transportation work for two separate days? Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

You can take a train from Nizamuddin to Bharatpur. Of the several trains The Kota Janshatabdi leaving at 1320 and reaching at 1548 may suit you.There is an earlier Golden Temple mail leaving at 0740 and reaching ta 1028. You can stay at Birders Inn and ask for a car pick up from station. You can use a rickshaw with guide for your first trip inside the reserve and bicycle for further visits.The return on the Kota Janshatbdi is at 0925 reaching Delhi at 1230 or the later Golden Temple Mail departing at 1540 reaching Delhi at 1835.

You would need to spend at least one night and perhaps 2.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

Suggestion given by premsubramaim is good but if you want to travel by car it can be done easily in a day. This gives youflexibility to visit other places nearby like Agra and Fatehpur Sikri. If you have not seen Taj at Agra then include that also. For that you need to start early from Delhi. However if you can stay overnight then you can visit other monuments in Agra and Deeg palace near Bharatpur.

Deepak

Edited: 06 July 2013, 01:38
New Delhi, India
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

If you want car it's easy in a day or also if you want anouther monument deeg,fhatepur sikri fort . just you go to TA. froum and see their many transporter like us they will provide you . thanks

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

Being a solo traveller - Car would be the better option and it may not be costing you much.

For same day visit it may be costing approx. USD 90 and for both the days it would be costing USD 110 for a AC Indigo Car ( incl. of all tolls & parkings )

Regards,

Arun

San Francisco...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

Thanks for the help! If I want to do it by car, can I just book in Delhi the day before or do I need to reserve in advance? And if I do decide to stay overnight, is it possible (and cheap) to just have a car/driver for 2 days? Or is it easier to book one car for Delhi to Bharatpur and one car for the next day return? Any suggestions on car companies that are reliable and inexpensive?

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

It is better to prearrange it.You can arrange 1 car /driver for entire trip from Delhi>Bharatpur>Delhi.

There are many suggestions and recommendations for transportation...search in the box above corner

the other option is to contact any Expert of Delhi for transportation arrangements.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

Hi Sarah,

To visit any Bird sanctuary is the best time early in morning or evening. If you will chose car option it would be expensive as well as most of the day you will sit in car so I will not suggest car & driver for day trip to Bharatpur if it is overnight trip then car will be fine.

There is no good direct train for Bharatpur from Delhi who can connect well for day trip.

The best way to see the Bharatpur in 01 day is following :

A. Morning take Bhopal Shatabadi Exp Delhi to Mathura

Departs : 06-00 AM - Arrive Mathura - 07-21 AM

Hire car from Mathura to Bharatpur almost it will take 60 to 90 Minutes drive..

B. See Bird Sanctuary in Morning

C. See Bird Sancuray in Evening

D. Take car from Bharatpur to Mathura Train Station

E. Train Departs from Mathura : 19-46 Arrive Delhi -22-00 Hours ( Train Name Taj EXp)

It should be cost you approx Rs. 3500.00 ( Train Tickets + Car Journey )

For travel agent you may search in Trip advisor.

Hari Mangal

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

If you use a car for 2 days from Delhi it would cost you about Rs 5000 for the car. Unless you are planning to visit other places in the area as suggested by Deepak, and would rather spend on staying over , the car option may not be necessary. Ideally you should book your hotel in advance. The road from Mathura to Bharatpur is quite bad and the journey from Delhi to Bharatpur would take you about 4 hours by road.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

Prem Ji, Delhi to Bharatpur drive will take at least 05 Hours one way even client use express way till Mathura.

Mathura - Bharatpur is merely 40 KMS if very slow drive then also can reach within 1&1/2 hours, although fast train connecting in just 25 Minutes Mathura to Bharatpur.

Delhi - Mathura by train almost 1& 1/2 hours + 01 hour Mathura to Bharatpur. I do not think any other way is more faster, safe, convenient and cheap for solo female traveler except using Delhi - Mathura by train + Mathura- Bharatpur by car.

Hari Mangal

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?

mt ja bhn

Reply to: Day trip to Bharatpur from Delhi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted