We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is chittorgarh worth it?

Mangalore, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Is chittorgarh worth it?

I am going to be seeing a lot of forts around. Is the one at Chittorgarh worth seeing if I am planning to see the Kumbalgarh and other prominent forts around. Because, then I can spend the whole day at Bundi and then take a night bus or a train to Udaipur starting from Kota at around 1.30 am. Kindly advise

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Kota
Kota
Kota District, India
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is chittorgarh worth it?

If you are taking a bus or train to Udaipur, you will miss the Chittor Fort. If youre going on to Kumbhalgarh, there is no point going back to Chittor which is between Kota & Udaipur. If you can, try and take a taxi from Kota to Udaipur

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Kumbhalgarh
Kumbhalgarh
Rajsamand District, India
Kota
Kota
Kota District, India
rajasthan
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is chittorgarh worth it?

Chittorgarh Fort has a great history behind itself, the fort has witnessed many battles.

If you have time, you should definitely visit it as every fort in Rajasthan has uniqueness of its own. It has Victory Tower which is 90 feets high and then there is a famous pond and temples. The fort spans 13-14 kms in width and there is habitation inside the fort.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is chittorgarh worth it?

Chittor is a bit different from the other forts in Rajasthan in that it was a whole fortified town on top of a pinnacle of rock. The inside is now mostly in ruins but there are still a few beautiful temples etc. However, Kumbalgarh is fairly similar, in that there is a huge walled enclosure with Temples and other buildings, so although I like Chittorgarh very much and found it erie and romantic, I would not say you should go out of you way to see it if you are short of time, but it does make a lovely stop if you are travelling by car from Bundi to Udaipur.

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is chittorgarh worth it?

Fort of chittore is partly living fort and huge . you can not do whole fort by walking you need to hire aN Auto Rikshaw or you can take a shared auto rikshwa from the lower entrance of the Fort.

Historical importance of te Fort is Johar Place of Queen Padmini. victory tower & kirti stambha are other attraction

if you ar nt taking any cab suggest you to do chittore Fort

For fort of Kumbhalgarh you have to take a Car as the timing & connection are odd and it is off the route.

Mentioned in this post
Kumbhalgarh
Kumbhalgarh
Rajsamand District, India
5. Re: Is chittorgarh worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bundi
More Bundi Topics