We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wat time Chittaurgarh fort opens in morning for visitors ?

Which Chittaurgarh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Wat time Chittaurgarh fort opens in morning for visitors ?

Hello Experts,

We will be staying overnight at Chittor and wanted to be at the fort early in the morning. A couple of questions pls,

1) What time does the fort open for visitors I know the fort museum opens at 10:00am but the fort must open earlier, isnt it ?

2) Assuming it opens earlier, do we have guides available at that time. Is it possible to pre book guides, Any contacts that are available ?

3) Is 3-4 hrs sufficient to see the fort reasonably well ?

Thank you for all your efforts to help us here.

Regards

Pavan

4 replies to this topic
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wat time Chittaurgarh fort opens in morning for visitors ?

Hi Mr Pawan,

Here is answer of your all questions

1) the fort open for visitors from sunrise to sun set like most of the monuments and yes the fort museum opens at 10:00am

2) Fort open early just after the sun rise but guides comes around 8 am. You may Check with your hotel to have some contact no. Of Guides. You may check with Sudhir 94 14 110090 if he is available for the day

3) 3-4 hrs are sufficient to see the fort you have to by auto rikshwa / Taxi ..as walking will be too long to cover

cheers Yogendra

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wat time Chittaurgarh fort opens in morning for visitors ?

Thanks Yogendra sir,

You have cleared all my doubts :) Thank you again for such precise and helpful answers...

Regards

Pavan

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wat time Chittaurgarh fort opens in morning for visitors ?

Hi Expert,

I've planned to visit Chittorgargh on 5th Sept-15.

I'll reach chittor by Mewar Express at morning, after 2hrs of rest (bath & brakefast) I want to move for chittor Fort, after chittor we will to move to Udaipur for two days.

Kindly let us know about guide & charges for three days complete or individual day.

Regards

Deepak

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wat time Chittaurgarh fort opens in morning for visitors ?

Hi deepak bhai,

CHitaurgarh fort or Chittorgarh fort at the ticket window you will find guides to show you the fort. Most of them are just green card holder local guides and there charges are fixed. You can make an economical tour visiting fort through auto rickshaw and later taking Bus to Udaipur

Reply to: Wat time Chittaurgarh fort opens in morning for visitors ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chittaurgarh