We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

Which Kodaikanal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

Hi,

I am travelling to Kodaikanal with my wife on 6th September and planning to return on 8th September morning.

On checking at all places, it seems there is no bus or train from kodaikanal in the morning for bangalore.

Can someone please help me to plan the return trip as i need to be in bangalore on 8th September evening.

Thanks.

Dharmapuri, India
Level Contributor
629 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

all direct buses to banglore from kodaikanal starts by eve only if u like to travel in morning means u have to come to dindugal then u have to catch bangalore buses my suggestion best go direct from kodaikanal to banglore

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

Hi

Ernakulam Bangalore Superfast leaving Coimbatore at 12:50 PM, You can catch that train , if you travel by an early morning Palani bus from Kodaikanal, then move to Coimbatore. You can reach 19:50 at Bangalore.

regards

IP

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

reaching banglore from Mumbai on 13 th November 2012 at 11.00 pm. Returning mumbai from Banglore on 17th Nov. at 8.00 pm. Want to visit KodaiKanal during this perios. How should i plan my journey?

Thx.

Dharmapuri, India
Level Contributor
629 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

whats is u r mode of transport

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

Hi shankar,

There is a direct train from Bangalore to Dindigul and Kodai Road junction but being deepavali festival season tickets alrady would have reached waiting list you may try tatkal ticket

By bus also there are direct buses visit redbus.in

Fastest would be by taxi

regards,

Alen_10

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

Suggest you check with KSRTC, as they have a direct service from/to Kodaikanal. You may book this based on your time plan else you may also check with www.kpntravels.in as they too have a direct bus. I would personally not prefer a train in this sector as you need to reach Dindigul or Kodai Road and arrange for transportation from there, which is an irritant.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

Thx. Alen. But do u think it is possible to reach back to Banglore from Kodai for evening flight to Mumbai?

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

Please send me the mail. Thx.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

Hi shankar,

You are right you cannot catch at 8 pm flight at Bangalore as private buses mostly run during night time and reach Bangalore next day morning

Look at this alternative if you are interested in hill station take a taxi from Banglaore and proceed to Coorg and you can comeback to Bangalore airport on 17th 8 pm

For Coorg there are buses also from Mysore/Bangalore visit http://www.ksrtc.in/site/

The point is Coorg is near to Bangalore compared to Kodaikanal

regards,

Alen_10

10. Re: Travelling back to Bangalore in the morning from Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 04:17