We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM limits

London
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
ATM limits

Have not been to kovalam for few years, so memory bit hazy about Trivandrum airport. As I need to pay guest house on arrival will need to withdraw biggish amount of rupees on first day. I presume there are now ATM's at Trivandrum but is there a limit per day from ATM's. Also if I change cash or T/C is it same rate at airport and resort. Last time I was in Kovalam, Wilsons guest house was main currency exchange but presume there are more now. Normally I am not concerned about few rupees either way in exchange rates but as I said as fairly large amount the difference could be couple beers and meal in Kovalam.

Sorry for another currency question.

Kovalam, India
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM limits

Hi

This forum is for Kovalam in Tamil Nadu and you need to post it in:-

tripadvisor.in/ShowForum-g311295-i10148-Kova…

However, I can still help you. Various ATM allow you to withdraw up to R20,000/- per 24hrs. But you maybe limited to R5,000/- per transaction - therefore you would need to do 4 withdrawals to get the full amount. The 4 ATM in the Kovalam area all have different limits per transaction. The best, allowing R20,000/- in one go is next to the Divine Supermarket. There are no ATM's at the airport but there is a currency exchange but it charges commission.

There are plenty of money changers along Lighthouse Beach and all have more or less the same exchange rate. The rate can change throughout the day so what you get in the morning can be different than what you get in the morning.

With TC you need to give a copy of your passport and VISA. If you stick to the same money changer you will only need to supply them once.

Hotels and guest houses may charge a commission and if you change currency at a bank then talk a book or newspaper to read as it can take a long time.

Hope that helps

Paul

2. Re: ATM limits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2010, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Kovalam
More Kovalam Topics