We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days Trip to Hyd - Rameshwaram - Kanyakumari - Cochin-Hyd

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Topic
8 Days Trip to Hyd - Rameshwaram - Kanyakumari - Cochin-Hyd

Dear Sir,

I'm planning for a vacation from Hyderabad to Rameshwaram and then Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari, Kanyakumari to Cochin and lastly Cochin to back in Hyd.

I would like to cover Kanchi, Trichy, Madurai and Tanjavur.. If they fall on the way of journy.

Planning to leave From Hyderabad 18-11-2012 and reach Cochin on 22-11-2012 and back in Hyd by 24-11-2012. Please suggest me the travel plan and night stay plan according to the road conditions as we are planning to drive by our car.

Thanks in Advance

Kishore

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Days Trip to Hyd - Rameshwaram - Kanyakumari - Cochin-Hyd

Hi Kishore....

Welcome to Trip Advisor....

I personally feel this as a very aggressive plan. The timelines are very short for you to cover this kind of a distance, until and unless you have a plan. My suggestion would be to plan a night in Kancheepuram (675 kms, via Chennai, 18th), then Trichy (300 kms,19th), visit Thanjavur and reach Madurai (250 kms,20th), Rameswaram (170 kms,21st), Kanyakumari (300 kms, 21st) and reach Cochin thereon (300 kms, 22nd). Honestly, as a regular long distance driver, I personally feel the distance covered is too much in too less time, as I don't drive in nights and will not drive more than 300 kms on any given day.

Revert back for any further clarifications and safe journey,

Regards

Prasanna

2. Re: 8 Days Trip to Hyd - Rameshwaram - Kanyakumari - Cochin-Hyd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:18